1. black_rain
    I recently got this after "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error" message while attempting to access my bbm. has anyone ever ran into this problem ... I did do a search but didn't find any post with this problem ....

I have wiped my device (storm 9530) and reloaded the OS my backups and my 3rd party apps. Everything was fine once i wiped and reloaded up until i installed bbm 5 (ota link). I am running v4.7.0.148 (platform 4.0.0.181) any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks !!!!
    08-14-09 02:48 AM
    I've had this happen to me a couple of times when I try to get to BBM using quicklaunch. not sure why....
    08-14-09 04:16 AM
  3. black_rain
    I've had this happen to me a couple of times when I try to get to BBM using quicklaunch. not sure why....

Aaaah come to think of it that is the first time that i did see it. Did you get yours fixed ????
    08-14-09 09:42 AM
    Java......why doesn't this surprise me LOL seems like Java is in the mix most everytime I have a computer issue or something locking up or running at a snails pace. :-P
    08-14-09 10:39 AM
  5. black_rain
    no help ?????
    08-15-09 11:04 PM
    Aaaah come to think of it that is the first time that i did see it. Did you get yours fixed ????
    Never..I jus don't try to access BBM with quicklaunch anymore. I guess that's a fix if u wanna call i that. Lol.
    08-17-09 04:59 AM
    How do you tell what version of BBM you're running? I've TRIED searching, but can't find anything anywhere!
    08-17-09 09:11 AM
  8. black_rain
    1. Options
    2. Advance Options
    3. Applications

then look for BBM version next to it
    08-18-09 06:06 PM
    still no solution to this issue? will QL be updated by the developers?
    10-14-09 09:05 PM
  10. black_rain
    still no solution to this issue? will QL be updated by the developers?
    according to my carrier "uncaught exceptions" is due to having a corrupted OS probably related to possibly 'a' 3rd party app. (which i think i figured out) so in the long run my fix was to get a new phone and NOT re-install a few choice apps and so far so good.
    10-15-09 10:26 AM
    When I checked my log (Alt_LGLG), the information I had on the similar exception was:

Uncaught Exception
    java.lang.ClassCastException
    net_rim_bbgroup_calendar

For me, this errror came up in BBM 5.0.0.33 once I joined a Group. I don't know if it was the act of joining the group, or if it appeared once people started posting to the group calendar. All I know is that the error message came up every time I did a battery pull afterwards.

I left all groups and the error went away, so it seems to be linked to the new BBM. I'll stay away from groups for now.
    10-15-09 03:53 PM
    Hi
    I had a similar problem & found it was down to security / application settings I allowed all and it loads ok now.

Hope this helps someone
    11-02-09 01:33 PM
    I just had this happen. I took out the battery and rebooted my blackberry. Error went away.
    06-08-11 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD