theres probaly another thread about this
    sorry im new
    but when installing messenger 5 it says that i do not meet the system requirements for it

now i checked my os
    im running v4.3.0.124

now im guessing i should update it. right?

any other guesses?

thanks in advance
    10-14-09 01:39 PM
    That's correct, you are going to have to upodate to OS 4.5 before updating to BBM 5.0. Here is a link to instructions on how to update your OS:

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

After this you will want to download App World, and from there you can download the new BBM. To find the latest OS for your device, you have a couple different options. You should be able to find a link thru the Telus website to find the one that is approved by Telus, or you can go thru the Sticky at the top of the forum to find the link thru that way. I would suggest going thru Telus's website, here, I found you the link:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E607FE7CC0E1A0

Enter in your device (8330 as you have listed above) and you're going to want to download this version, it's the first one on the list of approved ones:

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.281 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.281
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.5.0.169
    • Software Platform: 3.4.0.51
    • File name: 8330AMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel281_PL3.4.0.51_A4.5.0.169_Tel us_Mobility.exe
    • File size: 83.17MB
    Make sure to read the BlackBerry 101 article I posted, this will walk you thru every step of the upgrade process. If you need any additional help, we're here to guide you! Good luck!
    10-14-09 01:56 PM
    i would do some research before you jump on the bbm5 bandwagon

i assumed that since it was out of the beta series it would be ok to install. installed it the other day and have been regretting it ever since, i will be reloading my os again to get back the 4.5 bbm

the bbm5 is a very large app, it took about 4mbs of my free internal space. even with 17-20mb of free space left i can tell my phone has been lagging after the install

when i type msgs the screen will freeze and a couple seconds later all the words/letters would show up

i personally think the bbm5 is to big for a curve to handle

but to each their own
    10-14-09 02:15 PM
    i would do some research before you jump on the bbm5 bandwagon

i assumed that since it was out of the beta series it would be ok to install. installed it the other day and have been regretting it ever since, i will be reloading my os again to get back the 4.5 bbm

the bbm5 is a very large app, it took about 4mbs of my free internal space. even with 17-20mb of free space left i can tell my phone has been lagging after the install

when i type msgs the screen will freeze and a couple seconds later all the words/letters would show up

i personally think the bbm5 is to big for a curve to handle

but to each their own
    I agree that you should do some research before loading it on your BB, however, I've got it on my 8330 (which has more internal memory than the 8310) and I haven't noticed any lag issues. I also loaded it on my GF's 8130 Pearl, which has the same memory as the 8310 Curve, and there aren't any lag issues with it either... it's strange that you're having problems with it.

And it is an awfully large app... I was really surprised when I saw how huge it really is. I think it's worth it, but like you said, to each their own.
    10-14-09 02:18 PM
    I agree that you should do some research before loading it on your BB, however, I've got it on my 8330 (which has more internal memory than the 8310) and I haven't noticed any lag issues. I also loaded it on my GF's 8130 Pearl, which has the same memory as the 8310 Curve, and there aren't any lag issues with it either... it's strange that you're having problems with it.

And it is an awfully large app... I was really surprised when I saw how huge it really is. I think it's worth it, but like you said, to each their own.
    i did the research AFTER i installed the app, i'm smrt like that when i get excited about a new toy/feature. haha

i dont know why it is causing my phone to lag either, i have approc 17-20mb free internal memory which should be enough to not cause problems

i have tried a hand full of resets (alt, cap, del) as well as battery pulls
    i even uninstalled some other apps to try and free up some more memory but no luck
    10-14-09 02:26 PM
    Hmm... have you tried uninstalling BBM5 and re-installing? not sure if that'll make a difference but it may be worth a shot.
    10-14-09 02:30 PM
    Hmm... have you tried uninstalling BBM5 and re-installing? not sure if that'll make a difference but it may be worth a shot.
    no i have not tried that, but to be honest the bbm5 is nice and has tons of bells and whistles (avatar, barcode, 30ppl convo etc..) but the 4.5 was enough for me. i doubt i will use all those extra features anyways.

plus i am waiting for the release of the onyx aka 9700, once i get that i will try the bbm5 again

OP, sorry for jacking your thread like this. just an example that BBM5 sucks. haha
    10-14-09 02:47 PM
    thanks a ton guys
    ye
    i just rly want my os updated
    will research more into bbm 5

also will def be more active on these forums
    Last edited by Torts; 10-15-09 at 10:15 AM.
    10-15-09 10:03 AM
    thanks a ton guys
    ye
    i just rly want my os updated
    will research more into bbm 5

also will def be more active on these forums
    no need to hard, just to go the crackberry native apps forum
    that whole forum is littered with BBM5 problems
    10-15-09 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD