Ok, I updated to the latest BBM 5 via the blackberry website but I'm having a few problems.

Firstly, when someone sends me an image through a chat, if I've opened the chat through the blackberry messenger, I cannot 'View' it - all I see is a white screen. Where as, if I go through and open the chat via the Messages folder, I can then 'View' the image. Why is this? It's so annoying.

Secondly, if I open the chat via the Messages folder, it doesn't allow me to type straight away - instead I have to hit R or scroll down to the text input box. Where as this isn't the problem if I open the message through the BBM because it automatically allows me to input text etc.

:/

Thanks for any help guys.
    10-18-09 11:11 AM
    I have not had either of these issues.

I personally use BBM through my messages folder as well due to my theme, and when i open a chat i can type right away. Make sure that you are not scrolling the balll at all when you open the chat.

Also, are you running the latest official software, or a leak?
    10-18-09 11:38 AM
    downloaded from blackberry.com
    10-18-09 02:41 PM

Secondly, if I open the chat via the Messages folder, it doesn't allow me to type straight away - instead I have to hit R or scroll down to the text input box. Where as this isn't the problem if I open the message through the BBM because it automatically allows me to input text etc.

:/

Thanks for any help guys.

same issue here, on 4.6.0.303
    wasnt happening on 5.0.238 tho
    10-19-09 11:17 PM
    Maybe you try backing up your bb, removing bbm (backup your contacts) and reinstalling it. If that fails maybe you can downgrade the OS and use the leaked version again.
    10-19-09 11:21 PM
    same happens to me.. cant view, or play voice notes from BBM contacts... only solution could find was reinstall and then reinstall again. It will work for some time (perhaps a week or so) then f*** itself again...

sorry, forgot OS 4.6.1.298
    Last edited by fenix_tx40; 11-19-09 at 12:56 PM.
    11-19-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD