This has been making me, my wife, our family and our friends mental ever since upgrading to 5.

Sending or receiving pictures we send back and forth through the messenger hang either half way or don't even start transferring at all.

Eventually the file 'expires'.

Not only do I not care for the way BBM5 is handling picture attachments but so far none of us can get the files to go through anyway. I'm on a Tour, everyone else is on a Curve.

I tried searching because I am shocked this isn't a more wide spread issue.

Any ideas or solutions? I'm considering going back to an older BBM at this point.
    10-15-09 09:28 AM
    No solutions that I know of. It's really the major downfall of BBM5.0 in my mind.
    10-15-09 09:59 AM
    Doesn't work for me either.

Doesn't go through... or when it does the receiver has to save the image to view it..

Stupid
    10-15-09 10:32 AM
    this is weird because i was able to use the pic view like bbm 4.6(i think that was the version?) on my bbm5 last night. then starting today its been making me dl it first. i dont have problems downloading (yet) but just losing that option to view first then save just irritates me. anyone thinking of downgrading?
    10-15-09 12:37 PM
    this is weird because i was able to use the pic view like bbm 4.6(i think that was the version?) on my bbm5 last night. then starting today its been making me dl it first. i dont have problems downloading (yet) but just losing that option to view first then save just irritates me. anyone thinking of downgrading?
    I've been having to email the pictures instead which has become a real drag. Ruins a lot of the effect of using BBM for picture attachments, which was one of the coolest aspects of BBM in the first place. Downloading and uploading are going no where. I much preferred the old system.

::: sigh :::

Why is it so hard to ask for working software?
    10-15-09 12:42 PM
    All of the above and real time group chat also drains the battery fast. Anyone else having this?
    10-15-09 01:21 PM
    Sending files works fine for me, only when I'm sending them from within bbm5 (open bbm, select contact,hit menu,and send file), but when I send a file not from within bbm (open the camera, menu,view pictures,select pic,menu,send/share) the file will never arrive to the recipient, it will say that 0.00k has ben sent but it will never start sending the file, the exact same thing will happen with whatever file I want to send,pics,voice notes,vids,ect..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 02:57 PM
    I have a Tour and I have just upgraded from a Curve, I had no problems with either with any supported file type. But I did notice that the people having issues in this thread are Verizon subscribers and the other people reporting no problems are other carriers other than Verizon mostly Sprint as I am. Possibly it is a carrier related issue.
    10-21-09 04:09 PM
    I have a Tour and I have just upgraded from a Curve, I had no problems with either with any supported file type. But I did notice that the people having issues in this thread are Verizon subscribers and the other people reporting no problems are other carriers other than Verizon mostly Sprint as I am. Possibly it is a carrier related issue.
    Nop, i am also with Sprint
    10-21-09 04:18 PM
    Nop, i am also with Sprint
    And I'm with Telus and having the same problems sending and receiving pictures within BBM 5.0 I noticed that I never have a problem sending or receiving pictures from or to a lower version of BBM though. It's only with 5.0 to 5.0.

Mike
    10-23-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD