10-09-09 01:41 PM
121 ... 345
tools
    i have old bbm on my phone
    when i tried downloading the new bbm it says your device does not meet the system reuirements that are n eeded to support blackberry messenger

anybody?
    10-08-09 01:27 AM
    to dcx3: try to hang on to it 4 a while... I'm sure you'll learn to love it, if not you can remove it and reinstall de BBM that comes with your current OS via Loader.exe

to Akhk: I'm not very sure, but I think that the new Messenger runs from OS 4.5.077 upwards... Check on what OS r u running and if it's lower then that then it's time for an OS upgrade my friend...

Cheers!!!
    10-08-09 01:37 AM
    i dont know how stupid this question is going to be but how do you do an os upgrade? buy a new bb?
    10-08-09 01:44 AM
    Has anyone had trouble either sending or receiving pics from within BBM with this release?
    I can recieve pics but people dont get mine when i send them out.
    10-08-09 01:52 AM
    Still cant accept the licence agreement, tried all the tricks. looks like this thing needs more work at RIM. cant wait till RIM releases the OS 5 and half the blackberry owners will have the same problem and will be sitting with a useless blackberry.
    10-08-09 07:09 AM
    I upgraded to 5.0, but I dont like it. how can I go back to the old version?
    Yeah ,that's what I want to know also in case it doesn't work so I can go back to the old ver. of BBM.

to dcx3: try to hang on to it 4 a while... I'm sure you'll learn to love it, if not you can remove it and reinstall de BBM that comes with your current OS via Loader.exe
    Cheers!!!

....or is that the only way to get it(old ver of BBM) back if need to ?Using the DM I assume is where you find it somehow,lol
    Last edited by DavidNC; 10-08-09 at 07:40 AM.
    10-08-09 07:30 AM
    Still cant accept the licence agreement, tried all the tricks. looks like this thing needs more work at RIM. cant wait till RIM releases the OS 5 and half the blackberry owners will have the same problem and will be sitting with a useless blackberry.
    did you try deleting bbm and reinstalling it? worked for me, but i still can't open conversations...
    10-08-09 07:45 AM
    Anyone else having the problem that it doesn't always change the d to an r when messages have been read and even replied to?

Also, it doesn't seem to tell you when the other person is writing a message back to you either?

Or is it just me noticing these things?
    10-08-09 08:22 AM
    Anyone else having the problem that it doesn't always change the d to an r when messages have been read and even replied to?

Also, it doesn't seem to tell you when the other person is writing a message back to you either?

Or is it just me noticing these things?
    mine works fine... the d changes to r and a nice green message comes up saying the person is writting a message. im so happy it works with the leaked os 5.0!!
    10-08-09 08:35 AM
    I love this. My question to anyone out there is: why do some folks who upgraded see my avatar (pic) and some don't?
    10-08-09 08:40 AM
    I absolutely love the predictive text input in OS 5.0, which works in BBM 5 and the threaded SMS,too, of course.

I feel like I have a new BlackBerry.

I'm now patiently awaiting the Bold 9700. This is awesome!!!
    10-08-09 08:41 AM
    Wow so after about 5 times of trying to download it and having to reboot my phone...it finally downloaded. I'm sure all of CB was trying to download it last night.
    I must say I do miss my old bbm, but I can get use to the new one.
    10-08-09 08:52 AM
    Mine gets stuck on the "Starting Download..." status bar then eventually says "BlackBerry Messenger is not available for download in App World."

Wtf?
    ^^^

Mine has said "Starting Download..." since I first tried downloading this 11 hours ago. I've tried multiple reboots / battery pulls, keeps saying "Starting Download...". Even if I tried installing it OTA I fear my App World will forever say it is "Starting Download...". Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.
    10-08-09 08:56 AM
    Wow so after about 5 times of trying to download it and having to reboot my phone...it finally downloaded. I'm sure all of CB was trying to download it last night.
    I must say I do miss my old bbm, but I can get use to the new one.

Do you miss the old BBM or the leaked version of 5.0? I will admit i kinda like the new features theyve added..

Although I will admit my storm very nearly came close to being on the receiving end of a drop kick after it failed and crashes during download/installation about 5 times!!!

All working good now tho!!

looking forward to see what RIM have instore with OS 5 now
    10-08-09 08:59 AM
    Yeah ,that's what I want to know also in case it doesn't work so I can go back to the old ver. of BBM.

....or is that the only way to get it(old ver of BBM) back if need to ?Using the DM I assume is where you find it somehow,lol
    Not the DM mate, the apploader you use when you install a new OS...
    I wouldn't even think about going back to a previous version of BBM, I personally love BBM 5.0.33... Just trying to give u options democratically.. LOL
    10-08-09 09:01 AM
    Do you miss the old BBM or the leaked version of 5.0? I will admit i kinda like the new features theyve added..

Although I will admit my storm very nearly came close to being on the receiving end of a drop kick after it failed and crashes during download/installation about 5 times!!!

All working good now tho!!

looking forward to see what RIM have instore with OS 5 now
    i just miss the look of the old bbm...i'm diggin all the new features, but still missing the old look. i'll learn to love it..i guess.

yea i had to reboot my phone 5 frickin' times last night...i almost said f it because i've never had luck with the unofficial one so i was telling my friend may this is a sign im not supposed to get it. low and behold i woke up with the new bbm on my phone.
    10-08-09 09:05 AM
    Downloaded and installed flawlessly! However , I question the use of the SMS option. What's your feedback?
    10-08-09 09:47 AM
    Downloaded and updated lastnight. Took a little while to install, but everything worked out perfectly. Liking this new version, but what the heck is the barcode thing and how do you use it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 09:52 AM
    Downloaded and updated lastnight. Took a little while to install, but everything worked out perfectly. Liking this new version, but what the heck is the barcode thing and how do you use it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The barcode is just an easy way for someone to add you to their contact list by taking a pic of it with the camera on their BB.
    10-08-09 09:56 AM
    a friend is having issues with RECEIVING my photos, and I can get theirs just fine..

anyone else experiencing this? I dont think it's an image thing, I have my images set at Medium and everything is normal, and the photos are superfine res.

she goes to accept the photo and says it just never comes through..

maybe full memory?
    10-08-09 06:11 PM
    I liked the compactness of the older version in terms of screen real estate, on my Bold, but otherwise I think I can get used to the fresh look and features.
    10-09-09 01:41 PM
121 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD