Looking for some help regarding BBM 5.0- images and contact status

I previously had the beta version of BBM 5.0 and noticed that you simply couldnt view a image that was sent to you and you simply couldnt send a image you took. You were forced to download the image to view it and if you didn't do it in a certain amount of time the option to download expired. Imagine my surprise to see this wasn't a mistake but actually intentially built in to BBM 5.0. Is there any way to change this and go back to a simple view option?

Also previously in the beta version I noticed that when a messenger contact was on the phone, I would get a small red phone icon next to their BBM name with a status that read "currently on the phone". This was a great feature that completely disappeared in the official release of BBM 5.0- is there anyway to get that back?

Finally - large file transfer support. I have read that BBM 5.0 supports large file transfer up to 6MB's- is this OS dependant or carrier dependant? This also doesn't work.

A huge thanks in advance to anyone who can help me get some answers on this. I know these things seem trivial, but they were valuable to my day to day experience, particular the image viewing option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 10:35 AM
    Looking for some help regarding BBM 5.0- images and contact status

I previously had the beta version of BBM 5.0 and noticed that you simply couldnt view a image that was sent to you and you simply couldnt send a image you took. You were forced to download the image to view it and if you didn't do it in a certain amount of time the option to download expired. Imagine my surprise to see this wasn't a mistake but actually intentially built in to BBM 5.0. Is there any way to change this and go back to a simple view option?

Also previously in the beta version I noticed that when a messenger contact was on the phone, I would get a small red phone icon next to their BBM name with a status that read "currently on the phone". This was a great feature that completely disappeared in the official release of BBM 5.0- is there anyway to get that back?

Finally - large file transfer support. I have read that BBM 5.0 supports large file transfer up to 6MB's- is this OS dependant or carrier dependant? This also doesn't work.

A huge thanks in advance to anyone who can help me get some answers on this. I know these things seem trivial, but they were valuable to my day to day experience, particular the image viewing option.

Although i cant help with you problem with sending and receiving pictures i share your frustrations because i really hate the way they have gone with this compared to the 4.7 options of viewing, saving or deleting, and it was an instant delivery!! maybe someone with the right contacts from this site can persuade those RIM developers to issue an upgrade or fix to revert back to the other way, heres hoping.
    11-24-09 02:00 PM
    Although i cant help with you problem with sending and receiving pictures i share your frustrations because i really hate the way they have gone with this compared to the 4.7 options of viewing, saving or deleting, and it was an instant delivery!! maybe someone with the right contacts from this site can persuade those RIM developers to issue an upgrade or fix to revert back to the other way, heres hoping.
    I know we can't be the only TWO people with this issue?

11-24-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD