Here is a new one for me... On both my wife's and my Storm 1's, when a Voice Mail is left, we get a message alert by SMS AND one now in Chat?!?! How do I we stop getting the VM message alerts in BB Messenger Chat??
    10-31-09 03:07 AM
    I don't know about the voice mail alert as I use Visual Voice Mail but I do know that if you get an SMS text from a person that is also on your Blackberry Messenger List, it will show up in both. Deleting it in either SMS list or BBM deletes them both. I guess this is part of the new SMS messaging BB uses with 5.0
    10-31-09 08:04 AM
    its because you linked the pin to the phone number.... un link it and it will go away... i think its cool
    10-31-09 09:19 AM
    its because you linked the pin to the phone number.... un link it and it will go away... i think its cool
    Thanks that did it!!
    10-31-09 03:04 PM
    Thanks that did it!!
    Help! now it is back. even if invited by e-mail or text message (not Pin) we still get Voice mail logs in our BB messenger apt. This is already logged in the SMS app!!
    11-05-09 11:52 PM
    eh? Isn't the pin automatically associated with the phone number that belongs to the phone? If not, how do you link/unlink it?

Speaking of VM, why is it that I get a SMS alert of a VM being left, and then anywhere from 2-5 minutes later I get another? This is a consistant issue. For EVERY VM left on my phone I get two SMS alerts for.
    11-06-09 12:10 AM
    Help! now it is back. even if invited by e-mail or text message (not Pin) we still get Voice mail logs in our BB messenger apt. This is already logged in the SMS app!!
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you have yourself in your contact list with your own pin attached. BBM sees the text from your VM notifier as a msg from one of your contacts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD