05-26-10 10:39 PM
85 1234
tools
    Ok I get it will try tomorrow you guys are awesome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 07:46 PM
    okay i loaded it on my wifes 8130 went to application and said it was installed but i could not find the icon even tried show all and still did not see it.
    I installed it on my friends 8130 running 4.5.0.89 and had the same issue. Any idea how to fix it?

07-19-09 09:17 PM
    does anyone know how to make it so that messenger doesn't crop the image in 5.0? everytime i send a messenger contact a picture it crops the image...
    I remember reading over the last few days that if you zoom out it will fix the cropping issue.
    07-19-09 09:38 PM
    I installed it on my friends 8130 running 4.5.0.89 and had the same issue. Any idea how to fix it?

Update your OS.

Installed .131 today and BBM 5.0. worked flawlessly on 8130 (wife's phone).
    07-19-09 09:40 PM
    I have done everything to install it but it won't install because I don't have enough availble free memory, and the BBM is 2mb! Is there any way to clear that memory without removing apps? I will if i have to but some are what I need lol
    07-19-09 09:53 PM
    I have done everything to install it but it won't install because I don't have enough availble free memory, and the BBM is 2mb! Is there any way to clear that memory without removing apps? I will if i have to but some are what I need lol
    What type of Apps do you have? I have Facebook, Myspace, Poynt, BB App world, Weather Eye, Brick Breaker, Slacker Radio, Blackjack and some WAP launchers.

I was able to install BBM 5.0 without any issues. Do you have the earlier version of BBM installed? When I tried to download the earlier version of BBM OTA it said I had insufficient memory, but Desktop manager Apploader worked. Then once the reg is installed I would try installing 5.0.

I wonder if 5.0 works OTA only if you have a previous version installed.

Hopefully that will work.
    07-19-09 10:09 PM
    Pylaut, you are using the Curve version, right? Is your OS updated on your phone?
    rgarling,

Yup, I tried the 83XX version. OS is updated to .131 on my 8130.

Thanks, I still can't get it to work.

07-19-09 11:49 PM
    Hmm.. I wonder what is going on then! Sorry I couldn't be much assistance.
    07-20-09 01:35 AM
    Try upgrading to .138?
    07-20-09 03:19 PM
    Ok I downloaded the new BBM with no problem onto my 8120 and love it so I thought I would share the love witha friend of mine. Now when she downloaded it it appears under her apps as being on her phone however the ico has disappeared any ideas on how to get that back.. so right now she can not access BBM becasue there is no icon on her phone. She did a battery pull, changed theme and looked at the desktop with "show all" and it was not hidding there. ANy help please. I feel horrid that it happened following my directions.
    07-21-09 07:16 AM
    ok...I need some help learning the BBM features. I successfully installed the DM 5.0 and now have BBM. I need a few ppl to PIN me so that I can see how this works. If u don't mind helping me out I would appreciate it. My PIN is 318C123D.

Also what are the major advantages of using BBM over SMS, other than sending messages to other BB users? I heard that we can use up to 1,000 characters on BBM compared to 160 on SMS? Any others?
    07-21-09 10:12 AM
    I put this on my phone last night using just the OTA for the 83xx series and it's worked great. been on all night chatting and adding. i love this site and my Berry, i call her Temple. great upgrade
    07-21-09 10:37 AM
    what does the prox alert do or does anyone have it working or how do you get it to work? thank you
    07-21-09 05:06 PM
    ok...I need some help learning the BBM features. I successfully installed the DM 5.0 and now have BBM. I need a few ppl to PIN me so that I can see how this works. If u don't mind helping me out I would appreciate it. My PIN is 318C123D.

Also what are the major advantages of using BBM over SMS, other than sending messages to other BB users? I heard that we can use up to 1,000 characters on BBM compared to 160 on SMS? Any others?
    One big advantage of using BBM over SMS to other BB users it's that it's freaky fast! It's literally like you are connected to aol instant messenger. I've never seen anything so fast in my life.

And with 5.0 you can add an avatar, it will pull from your pictures saved on the phone. It's the little things that make me happy lol.

It's 3AM here and it's prolly too late to test your BBM, but you are more than welcome to add me as a contact to see if it will work 3185f7bc.
    07-22-09 03:00 AM
    what does the prox alert do or does anyone have it working or how do you get it to work? thank you
    Proxy alert? Do you mean the box that comes up in the middle of the download stating that a certain file is on your phone and it asks you to overwrite it?

Just press yes, and it should continue the download without any issue.
    07-22-09 03:01 AM
    Ok I'm running .161 I thought that would be good enough but everytime I click a link I get the same download failed message am I still not up to date enough?

07-22-09 10:50 AM
    Are you trying to do it ota or trying to download the zip files?
    07-22-09 10:55 AM
    so any complaints yet? im hesitant to download any beta software until ive heard some reviews.

i saw all the good reviews in the thread, just wondering if anyone's had a problem.
    07-22-09 10:59 AM
    I'm trying ota links but its saying its a zip, I'm confuzzled

07-22-09 11:01 AM
    then it probably isn't an ota if it is saying zip. If it's zip then wait till your around a pc to download it
    07-22-09 11:03 AM
    I'm at pc and when through web site it downloads a .jad file ??

****its doing it through DM now fingers crossed

*** working and recieving messages really quick for how long who know's
    Last edited by taz666; 07-22-09 at 11:28 AM.
    07-22-09 11:13 AM
    I ended up upgrading the OS to .131 instead of the even newer one (had a number of problems with lag on that one) and it works very smoothly! I then got one of the OTA links for the 83XX version and the application installed easily and works great!

07-22-09 02:47 PM
    So i downloaded BBM 5.0 with the 83xx OTA link my buddy sent me. The download went smooth and then I didn't have BBM anymore once the phone rebooted after the install (and yes, I even did a battery pull lol). I checked and I had 4.5.0.77 OS on my phone. I got the link to download the 4.5.0.131 OS but I'm still hesitant to download BBM 5.0 after loosing my BBM completely and having to re-add all my contacts.

Does anyone have OS 4.5.0.131 and tried to install it but it still didn't work?
    07-22-09 03:40 PM
    Yeah I also made some stupid mistakes and lost all my contacts because I tried to install 5.0 on .66... I ended up having to ask those people again for their PINs. Once on .131 everything works great!
    07-22-09 04:03 PM
    07-22-09 06:37 PM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD