Found another BBM glitch, sometimes when I am talking to someone and I leave the chat open and back out of BBM to look at emails or SMS or whatever, then when I get another message from that same contact i go back in and I can't click on the contact to open the chat. I have to BB click and close the message then re-open the contact to send another message. This doesn't happen all the time but probably once a day.
    12-03-09 05:09 PM
    I have the same problem. Sometimes my messages dont get delivered
    12-03-09 05:15 PM
    This has happened with 2 of my sms conversations since I got the phone!
    12-03-09 05:23 PM
    SAme here... and just realized that my right convenience key does not work anymore either...
    12-03-09 05:30 PM
    SAme here... and just realized that my right convenience key does not work anymore either...
    remember its a 2 step button make sure you are pressing it all the way, or do a battery pull
    12-03-09 06:05 PM
    For me it has happened a few times, but when it does happen to me the only solution is to do a battery pull. I have tried everything and I can never go back to that chat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 06:37 PM
    seems like OS and BlackBerry Version 5 apps needed another week or 2 of testing before they should have been released.
    12-03-09 06:47 PM
    Patience grasshoppers...

12-03-09 06:49 PM
    Patience grasshoppers...

huh??? wasnt really complaining about it, just wanted to see if others were having similar issues, im sure it will all be fixed eventually. with limited stock of these phones im sure RIM is focusing ion producing more product before they update software further
    12-03-09 07:03 PM
    Same here. I have all kinds of problems with SMS, MMS and BBM. Stuff like an SMS to me shows up as a BBM, my custom ringtones for SMS, MMS not working because it thinks they are an instant message instead, etc. I'm just waiting for a new OS.

12-03-09 07:47 PM
    Same here. I have all kinds of problems with SMS, MMS and BBM. Stuff like an SMS to me shows up as a BBM, my custom ringtones for SMS, MMS not working because it thinks they are an instant message instead, etc. I'm just waiting for a new OS.

if you have you BBM contacts linked to a contact in your address book then it will come into your BBM with a little phone beside it, its suppose to, just remove contact link in BBM by clicking the BB key if you dont want that
    12-03-09 07:53 PM
    huh??? wasnt really complaining about it, just wanted to see if others were having similar issues, im sure it will all be fixed eventually. with limited stock of these phones im sure RIM is focusing ion producing more product before they update software further

rim is always working on software they never stop working on software.
    12-03-09 07:56 PM
    I do not have this problem. Running .371 OS. What are you guys on?
    12-03-09 08:24 PM
    hey MattSpartans20.. I Have the same issue, It seems to be a BBM 5.0 bug. The problem is to specific contacts. I had tried everything, deleting the contact, Unlinking to blackberry contact, linking it, adding it again to bbm, enabling history (BBM crashes when I open the history of that contact), and nothing happens. The only temporary solution is doing a battery pull, but It shouldn't be the solution.
    The issue was coming from BBM 5.0.0.33, 2 days ago I upgraded it to 5.0.0.55 (the official BBM).. and the issue persists.. then HELPPPP !

If anyone knows something, or knows the fixing way.. Reply this.. Thx!

BB Tour > OS > 4.7.1.53.. BBM > 5.0.0.55
    12-17-09 08:39 AM
    BBM 5.0.0.33 was a leak, but the new 5.0.0.55 from app world seems to have the same issue on my 9700 but it doesn't seem to happen all the time... weird running stock att os .296
    12-17-09 10:51 AM
    i had this issue with .33 but since i upgraded to .55 it has been fine!...

...oh, first post, wooooo whooo!!!
    12-17-09 11:20 AM
    im affraid to upgrade. I'm reading so many issues
    12-17-09 12:45 PM
    Found another BBM glitch, sometimes when I am talking to someone and I leave the chat open and back out of BBM to look at emails or SMS or whatever, then when I get another message from that same contact i go back in and I can't click on the contact to open the chat. I have to BB click and close the message then re-open the contact to send another message. This doesn't happen all the time but probably once a day.
    Heyy dude.. I have the fixing way .. What I did was: rename the contact with issue (you know, editing the nickname) because in my case this bbm contact had many rare symbols. That was 1st thing what I did, 2nd thing: I set my blackberry font to Default font (BB Sans serif). Well, after that I did a battery pull, and everything fine!..Finally I was talking perfectly with mentioned contacts and no problem..

I Hope this works for you.. let me know your results!! Take care!
    12-19-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD