Is there a way to "log off" or "sign out" of blackberry messenger w/out removing the application.

Is you use the "unavailable" notice in the profile section does it still allow messages to come thru and show the notification on the screen?
    05-06-10 10:41 AM
    Messages still come through when you're "unavailable" and you still get the notification on the screen and whatever sound/LED notification that's set in your profile. There is no way to shut BBM off or log out of it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 10:45 AM
    ok, thank you very much Wish there was an option to shut it off
    05-06-10 10:47 AM
    ok, thank you very much Wish there was an option to shut it off
    You could edit the sound profile so that you do not receive any alerts for BBM when you do not wish to be bothered by it.
    05-06-10 10:54 AM
    You could also set up your firewall to stop PIN messages which should stop all BBMs. You won't receive them and you won't be notified. There should also be a counter (once activated) of all the messages that you haven't received due to the firewall.

My fiance accidentally put my password in wrong too many times and it did a security wipe. When I was able to reload everything, I still wasn't able to receive PIN messages. The reps from VZW and RIM weren't able to help me so they just exchanged the device.

So, to sum up the story, the firewall might be what you're looking for. People can still see you, but you will not get their messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD