Last night I updated the OS on my curve 8330 and it went fine. My wife has a Bold and I really like the new bbms on it and I thought that I would update that as well. I downloaded the app from app world and that went fine as well. I started the install and it indicated that a previous version existed would I like to replace it. I indicated that I would and it installed. I reset the phone and thought all was well. I scrolled to the bbm icon and depressed the button and nothing happened. Needless to say, the application will not open. My wife sent me a bbm and I received an icon indicating that the message was received but it will not open and I can't view any contacts or conversations. I went to my application list and bbm was not listed. I went back into app world and it showed that it had downloaded was ready to install. I again attempted the install and it takes an abnormally long time and I receive error message 505 and that I need to reset. Just a bit of info, the phone indicates that I have 27 mb of free storage space. Someone please help me with this issue
    03-06-10 10:20 PM
    Delte bbm and google bbm 5.o and try a different download...
    03-06-10 10:26 PM
    download it from www.blackberry.com/send/messenger using your blackberry browser.

i find some downloads from app world are hit or miss when installing and sometimes fail with errors. try redownloading and reinstalling.
    03-07-10 03:53 AM
    Had the same prob with my new 8330, worked on my old 8330, but had to downgrade my os, to get it to work again.. Waited a few days, upgraded my os back up to.186 n now all is fine.. Idk.weird.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD