so my boss just upgraded my phone to a blackberry curve 8330. My old phone had bb messenger, but the IT guy at my company apparantly erased it off my phone before he gave it to me. I recieved no software for the phone from him. I am having a real hard time finding the version of bb messenger that will work with this phone. Every where i go says to sync with the desktop, but since i never had the disk, the desktop manager i have now has no recolection of my blackberry software. Please help if you can.
    thanks in advance.....
    09-10-08 07:28 PM
    try mobile.blackberry.com

welcome to CB!
    09-10-08 07:32 PM
    You should be able to go to http://www.blackberry.com/instantmessaging and download the version of BBM for your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 07:33 PM
    thanks for the welcome.....i tried the last link and it was for blackberry versions 4.0 and 4.1........i need 4.5............i will try the black berry link you sent
    09-10-08 07:40 PM
    still no luck, that blackberry website informs me i need to sync to my computer as well......its a 4.5 thing i think......man this is tough........thanks for the replys though
    09-10-08 07:42 PM
    ok im confused tho your boss just upgraded you to a 8330 curve but you said it didnt come with any software meaing OS?? so did you load 4.5 on the phone because i have a 8330 with vzw and vzw has yet to release 4.5 as its still in beta stages...and im running 4.5.0.77 and i have bb messenger and it works flawlessly and its the same messenger you can get for your phone by simply going to mobile.blackberry.com from your mobile browser and download OTA
    09-10-08 08:06 PM
    sorry about the confusion.....I just meant that my IT guy gave me the new phone with no CD or box or anything and it does not have bb messenger on it. When i went to the online site through my blackberry to download it said it wasn't a compatible version. As i researched it seems anything bb 4.5 and higher should sync to their computer. Then i downloaded form bb website the desktop program (SINCE I NEVER RECIEVED A CD FROM MY it GUY) and now i need firmware to add to my BB. I am confused more than you, trust me on this.
    thanks again for your help
    -marc
    09-10-08 08:49 PM
    Hi, i have the same problem,i don't have the IM icon on my phone and i was wondering if you fix yours? thanks
    10-03-08 08:08 PM
    Marc, since that didn't seem to work you can check the OS on your phone (alt+left cap+h), download the OS and desktop manager from VZW, install both. Then plug your usb into your computer and berry and launch desktop manager. It should say there are updates, let it do its work, then go in and check BB messenger and hit go. Or you could just ask your IT guy to add it since it costs nothing more to use and you could save the company minutes by using it.

10-03-08 09:49 PM
    Hey slvr6.... That trick about the alt left cap and h was pretty slick, I never knew that....thanks.
    10-04-08 10:59 AM
    You are welcome!
    10-04-08 01:26 PM
    I cannot figure out how to get bb messenger back for this software 4.5. it is not in my DM and i cannot download it, am i lost forever?
    05-05-09 09:55 AM
    Did you figure out how to get bbm yet? I just got a new 8330 curve and it came without blackberry messenger as well. I've tried downloading it both online and on my phone and keep hitting errors and problems. Any new news?
    05-07-09 11:47 AM
    Hi!! i am having the same problem too, i purchase the phone on ebay it doesn't have bb messenger icon on my phone, i called at&t spoke to them, they transfer me to blackberry department. I have version 4.5.0.42, i tried to download it on my phone but it said the version not compatible, told me to downgrade it to 4.1 or 4.3. I don't want to downgrade my firmware because it can create a lot of problems. They also told me to use my usb cord to connect to my desk manager to sync it but unfortunately none of them is working for me. Can anyone please help me or tell me what to do if they have a compatible version for my phone??
    05-10-09 07:23 PM
    Please don't double post. See your other post.
    05-10-09 08:59 PM
    Ok this is how i added it to my blackberry... you have to download and install desktop manager V4.6 or the latest version connect your blackberry to the pc an make sure it shows you pin number on the bottom left corner. On the main menu select APPLICATION LOADER. Under add/remover programs click start. Once the list is shown checkmark blackberry messanger. click next and you should be good to go... hipe this solves your problem.
    05-10-09 09:01 PM
    okay!! sorry can anyone answer my question then??
    05-10-09 09:55 PM
    okay sorry can anyone answer my question?
    05-10-09 10:47 PM
    hello? can anyone reply to my message?
    05-11-09 04:44 PM
    nope.... this is frustrating for sure.

I have V4.5 on my BB, and the BB messenger app is still there. It jsut wont work.
    I can send "requests" to add contacts in it, and other can send me a request , but once received there's no way to approve/deny them. eveything shows as "pending" and I cant start any conversations.
    Seems odd they've killed one of their own applications with a softwre upgrade???
    06-04-09 12:30 PM
  21. Wouldnt.you.really.like.to.know's Avatar
    Thanks this was very informative
    06-04-09 03:40 PM
    your best bet is to download the desktop manager from blackberry's website, then do load applications and it should give you a list of programs that SHOULD be installed but arent. i had this issue and thats what i did. took 5 min.
    06-04-09 03:46 PM
    Do you by any change drive a Volkswagen? Random question, I KNOW!
    06-15-09 10:57 PM
    Simply go into your newly downloaded DM and go into the app loader and scroll down to BBM click the box and click next and your done!
    Enjoy!
    09-23-09 10:16 PM
    Okay, so here's MY dilemma. I cannot use DM because I cannot plug my phone into the computer as my phone is broken. (Luckily I have a charging pod so that I can charge it) BB shouldn't make the port for plugging in so cheaply....I'm getting the storm 2 in january and don't feel like paying to have the stupid thing fixed....therefore I am restricted to OTA downloads and I stupidly deleted BBM and now cannot get it back onto my phone...any suggestions?

09-30-09 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD