I have a question?
    can u use blackberry messenger if you dont have a data plan?
    Thank in advance
    11-20-09 09:43 PM
    No, sorry.
    11-20-09 09:46 PM
    Hi. BBM traffic passes through the BIS servers so the short answer is no, you need a data plan (unless there's a hack I'm unaware of...)
    11-20-09 09:46 PM
    YOu might be able to use it over WiFi, I'm not sure though, that would be kinda pointless anyway.
    11-21-09 11:21 AM
    YOu might be able to use it over WiFi, I'm not sure though, that would be kinda pointless anyway.
    You're absolutely wrong. Did you read post #3?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 11:38 AM
    Hi. BBM traffic passes through the BIS servers so the short answer is no, you need a data plan (unless there's a hack I'm unaware of...)
    There's no hack, you need to pay in order to play.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 11:41 AM
    You don't need to pay for data in order to get it. You just need to pay for the BBM service itself. It's like 7 bucks for that feature, at least I know it is under Rogers. I have a messaging value pack added on, so mine comes to less though with everything.
    11-22-09 08:10 PM
    You don't need to pay for data in order to get it. You just need to pay for the BBM service itself. It's like 7 bucks for that feature, at least I know it is under Rogers. I have a messaging value pack added on, so mine comes to less though with everything.
    AT&T does not offer a BBM only plan. You need a data plan to use any features that use RIM's servers.
    11-22-09 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD