Is there any information people can get off of your PIN? Because I have a few people online I would like to add but if they can get my actual number and stuff then I'd rather not.

Thanks.
    07-31-09 09:15 PM
    People can invite you to BBM with your email address.
    07-31-09 09:32 PM
    It depends on who they are and what they do.
    07-31-09 09:33 PM
    So there is a way for people to figure out more information?
    07-31-09 09:41 PM
    Yes, your PIN and your IMEI are registered with your service provider, which is registered with your network. So on some level, your PIN is attached to your personal information.
    07-31-09 09:46 PM
    So there is a way for people to figure out more information?
    your PIN is attached to your personal information.
    However, getting to that level of information will require court orders, across multiple jurisdictions.

You PIN number identifies your BlackBerry, but only LEO has the resources to track it down. Nobody can identify you from that information, except LEO with the appropriate court orders.
    07-31-09 10:53 PM
    Busting out the LEO, feels like I saw this on an episode of N.C.I.S

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 11:06 AM
    And not sure but anyone who works for service provider might also(besides LEO) be able to obtain such information

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 11:08 AM
    Paranoid much? Just adding someone to your bbm will not give them access to ANY information that you don't want them to have. The hoops that someone would have to jump through to use just your pin to get any other info stretch far and wide, someone would have to be well connected and really out to find you.

It's BBM! That's it! You give away more info every time you pay a bill, step out into the street, buy something, make a call, etc...relax.
    08-01-09 11:16 AM
    Paranoid much? Just adding someone to your bbm will not give them access to ANY information that you don't want them to have. The hoops that someone would have to jump through to use just your pin to get any other info stretch far and wide, someone would have to be well connected and really out to find you.

It's BBM! That's it! You give away more info every time you pay a bill, step out into the street, buy something, make a call, etc...relax.
    Well said. I am hoping someone steals my idenity and all the crap that goes along with it (debt, ex, etc.). They will be hunting me down just to give it all back and pay me for my troubles.
    08-01-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD