Hi, I'm new to this forum and just got my first blackberry an 8830, a few days ago. I hope you don't mind a couple of real newbie questions from me. So far, I love my Blackberry! I use it mostly for personal and small business. I'm not a member of a huge corporation, so it's probably much more than I'll ever need or use.

I would like to be able to instant message people, but most people I would do this with do not have blackberrys. So is my blackberry messenger useless in this regard? They HAVE to have a blackberry for me to use this feature, right? Is there any way to use my blackberry to instant message with people on other systems like AIM? That would be great if it could be done. I'd appreciate any info on this. Thanks.
    12-29-07 11:21 AM
    BB Messenger is for Blackberry users only. Download JiveTalk @ BeeJive :: JiveTalk mobile messenger - instant messaging to go and try it out. That will give you all your IM programs like AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Google, ICQ and Myspace. You'll love it ...
    12-29-07 12:12 PM
    Check the link in my sig for more info about it.
    12-29-07 12:32 PM
    Check the link in my sig for more info about it.
    Thanks guys. I did check out your link. Thanks. Just one quick question...

Would you know if this would be included in Verizon's unlimited data plan? Or is this considered like texting? I wouldn't want to pay .15 cents for every text. I'd probably have to get a different plan if that was the case. If it's included in the data plan that would be perfect! Thanks.
    12-29-07 12:59 PM
    As I understand it, BB Messenger utilizes your data plan. Yahoo Messenger can get a little tricky. If you download Yahoo Messenger from RIM, the program utilizes the data plan. If you download Messenger from Verizon's site, however, then any messages you send or receive through it will count as text messages. JiveTalk works through your data plan. I would suggest you do a search to find other posts relating to this topic in all the different fora on the site; just about everyone has questions about this one. Just my two cents' worth...
    12-29-07 02:14 PM
    BBMessenger uses data. JiveTalk uses data. I recommend JiveTalk.
    12-29-07 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD