Whenever one of my BBM contacts sends me a text message it shows up in BBM with a red star at the top for new updates. The star doesn't go away even after I read the message and there is no clear identifier of the unread message. It is driving my crazy! Does anyone know if I can keep SMS messages only in my SMS folder or at least get the star to go away when I read the message?
    12-24-09 08:10 PM
    As far as I know, that is the point of the bbm. Having it integrated, thus sending ure bbm contacts msgs all to bbm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 08:26 PM
    But why does the new message star never go away??? And the message isn't bold when there is an unread message so it is hard to determine who sent the message.
    12-24-09 08:30 PM
    THe option to seperate bbm from sms would be nice!
    12-24-09 08:56 PM
    That's weird. My bbm doesn't combine sms with messenger. I kinda wish it did. I have the newest available version of bbm. Do you have the tour? And which os are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 07:58 AM
    yeah i have this problem myself..... I haven't figured out a solution. In the mean time I unlinked the contact with the pin. Shouldn't have to but just for the time being
    12-26-09 08:09 AM
    I just read in another thread that this is a feature with OS 5 - BBM and SMS integrate for those contacts that are linked. Do you have OS 5 on your Tour?
    12-26-09 02:21 PM
    For the issue of having sms messages from blackberry contacts showing up in the bbm application, I found a fix for that.

find your contacts in bbm. highlight one, click the bb menu key, select contact profile. then hit bb menu key again when looking at their profile and select "remove contact link" or something like that.

now the bbm contact will not be connected to the blackberry contacts contact on your phone
    04-12-10 04:05 PM
    yeah but when you unlink a contact it completely removes their bbm profile picture which sucks too. Any way to unlink them so that your sms and bbm messages are separate without it deleting the profile pic?
    05-20-10 09:11 PM
    yeah but when you unlink a contact it completely removes their bbm profile picture which sucks too. Any way to unlink them so that your sms and bbm messages are separate without it deleting the profile pic?
    Nope. Get them to put a picture up on their end and then it will show on yours. Otherwise you are stuck with sms and bbm together or no picture.
    05-20-10 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD