Does anyone have a solution to BlackBerry Maps not loading maps? Showing lines instead, no matter what zoom level, address, inside/outside, number of satellites found.

Seemed to coincide with OTA upgrade to 9630/4.7.1.61.

Thanks for any insight!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 09:46 AM
    What other GPS apps are you running? I've noticed drivesafe.ly in GPS mode interferes with other apps using the GPS. Could that be your problem?
    12-05-09 09:51 AM
    Google Maps, Drive Safe.ly, BerryWeather, Poynt, VZ Navigator. i'll make sure they're all turned off, reboot and try BlackBerry Maps again.

Thanks for the suggestion.

12-05-09 10:01 AM
    Unfortunately, that did not solve the issue.

12-05-09 10:36 AM
    The solution for this was to delete BlackBerry Maps from my BlackBerry and re-install using Desktop Manager.

The problem started after i updates my OS OTA. That possible lead to the BlackBerry Maps issue.

12-15-09 04:29 PM
    The solution for this was to delete BlackBerry Maps from my BlackBerry and re-install using Desktop Manager.

The problem started after i updates my OS OTA. That possible lead to the BlackBerry Maps issue.

I just updated my Tour 9630 to 5.0.0.732 today using OTA, and I am also having this problem. I will try the uninstall and reinstall using Desktop Manager to see if that fixes it.

Also, are you able to send your location within BlackBerry Messenger? I have not been able to do this over the past few OS's that I've had, so I was wondering if this fix may have addressed that issue as well.
    06-15-10 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD