Is there a way to "update the maps or should I delete and reinstall. I am finding that streets are named wrong or not listed. Is there a Magellian app? I have no luck.
    03-14-10 04:40 PM
    The maps are downloaded in real time, not stored on your device, so there is nothing you can update. Unfortunately streets often have more than one name. The mapping software may not be using the name you are familiar with, but it should be a correct name for the street. Garmin Mobile and TeleNav both have free trials; you could try one of those. Google Maps is free if you need maps but don't need the nav functions.
    03-14-10 05:04 PM
    Not sure if there is a Magellan app, but there is a Garmin app. Pricey though. I also recommend Google Maps. I like it a lot better than bb maps. I just leave bb maps installed for any other apps I have that rely on it.
    03-14-10 05:05 PM
    where can i download bb maps?
    03-14-10 05:17 PM
    BBMaps is installed as part of your OS. It's not available as a standalone download. If you have your OS installed on your PC, run the App Loader and select BBMaps. That will install it. If you don't have your BlackBerry OS installed on your PC, you'll have to do that first.
    03-14-10 05:30 PM
    The maps are downloaded in real time, not stored on your device, so there is nothing you can update. Unfortunately streets often have more than one name. The mapping software may not be using the name you are familiar with, but it should be a correct name for the street. Garmin Mobile and TeleNav both have free trials; you could try one of those. Google Maps is free if you need maps but don't need the nav functions.
    Thanks, I did find that magellian has no application for the Blackberry. But I dont understand the streets missing. Theve been there 40 years. New ones I can sorta understand, but it's real time?
    03-14-10 07:38 PM
    Yes, the maps are down loaded in real time. Did you try zooming in? BBMaps aren't as detailed as Google Maps. You might have to zoom in to see a smaller street.
    03-14-10 08:02 PM
    Who needs maps? Just wonder around aimlessly until you get there. It's almost twice as fun although not very productive.
    03-14-10 09:03 PM
    Who needs maps? Just wonder around aimlessly until you get there. It's almost twice as fun although not very productive.
    I agree, if u still have gas your good to go, never lost.
    To the OP I deleted BBmaps for more room for useful apps, I use Sprint so Telenav is included with the unlimited everything & personally, BBMaps is the worst mapping program ive used yet, hate it
    03-14-10 10:29 PM
    I had a similar problem, so I went into
    Maps >options >clear cache
    My I also turned my cache memory to unlimted and all was good

Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD