Have you ever used the BlackBerry instant messenger/chat? I am wondering if my carrier will charge me if I try to use it. Please any comments?

Thanks

02-27-08 08:25 PM
    Yup.. i use it allll the time. if you have a BB plan you wont be charged anything. if you dont you will be charged data charges for however much data u use. Welcome to the CB world!
    02-27-08 08:58 PM
    We have a couple great threads to were you can post your PIN for other users to send you a request and you will be able to chat with other users! Welcome to CB!
    02-27-08 09:03 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!
    02-27-08 09:42 PM
    BB Messenger can be tricky at times. My friend tried to add me via email a couple of times and it wouldn't work. So I gave him my pin number and worked.
    But yeah it's free of charge. Also it'll only work if you have a data plan. Oh & Hiiiiiii Everyone!!
    02-27-08 09:54 PM
    i am new here i dont understand what the bb messenger is all about i no its a messnger bt how or who what kind of people do i add...peoplke w tmobile or yahoo friends or what plz help me thanx
    02-27-08 10:43 PM
    The bb messenger works between bbs only. You must have a PIN or email address for the other party. It will work across carriers. Yahoo buddies won't work.
    02-28-08 05:52 AM
    Since you have t-mobile, it will depend on which plan you got. if you have the 9.99 unlimited email then you will get charged for data used by BB mesnsger. if you have the 19.99 unlimited data and email then you wont get and charges. if you got the 9.99 the data charges aernt visible on your online bill unless you go to print/view all current charges.
    02-28-08 06:27 AM
    I was told my T-Mobile's PDA department that it eats up my text messaging plan. I signed up for the 400 text messages thinking that I could use Blackberry Messenger without it affecting my text messages. I checked my account online yesterday and every BB Message I sent and received was being charged as a text message.

Anyone else have this problem??

This is what I have:
    $19.99 - BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on
    Add access to BlackBerry's powerful data functionality to a voice rate plan. The BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on includes unlimited BlackBerry Web Client e-mail and Web browsing.
    03-03-08 03:43 PM
    BBMessenger never hits the Carriers server, it goes directly through RIM's server.

You might be talking about OZ messenger, then yes, that one is text messages.
    But BBMessenger is PINs, and uses DATA ONLY!!!
    03-03-08 04:19 PM
    i need some help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 09:28 PM
    i just got my first blackberry and im looking for someone with experience on them...im having some difficulties

07-30-10 09:29 PM
    i need some help

i just got my first blackberry and im looking for someone with experience on them...im having some difficulties

If you post your problem, someone will help you. We need more information than "I need help".
    07-31-10 08:02 AM
    I've got a 8330 by Boost , I rarely use the BBM since most of my friends have the competitions brands ... Regular SMS / MMS thru my carrier has always been good enough so far .
    I've notice that some SMS / MMS to friends w/ different carriers takes longer , would be easier if they'd bought a BB .

08-05-10 05:13 AM
    using bbm 5.0 you can send and recieve text, email, and pin messages.

OZZY
    08-06-10 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD