I use the Blackberry Facebook app on my phone. However, it disables Facebook email notifications, which means (for example) that I do not receive an email when someone sends me a message on Facebook.

I can go on to Facebook and tick all the boxes to enable email notifications to be sent, but if I reboot my Blackberry at any time (for example when I have updated another app), then my Facebook email notifications are disabled again!

This happens every time I reboot my Blackberry and is very annoying.

Other than deleting the Facebook app, how can I stop the Facebook Blackberry app from changing my email notification settings every time I reboot my Blackberry?
    02-04-11 02:49 PM
    If you have Facebook notifications turned on in the app, you don't have to have email notifications on. I encountered the same issue, and unless you actually want to receive an email on top of the notification, you don't need email notifications turned on for it to push notifications to your Berry.

I finally ended up clicking the link to disable email notifications, and then unchecked and re-checked "Facebook Notifications" in the app options, and voila, I was getting alerts again, without the redundant email notifications.
    02-05-11 10:02 PM
    If you have Facebook notifications turned on in the app, you don't have to have email notifications on. I encountered the same issue, and unless you actually want to receive an email on top of the notification, you don't need email notifications turned on for it to push notifications to your Berry.

I finally ended up clicking the link to disable email notifications, and then unchecked and re-checked "Facebook Notifications" in the app options, and voila, I was getting alerts again, without the redundant email notifications.
    my problem is i cannot receive notification when someone commenting in my photos or wall post even if i checked the facebook notifications. i will try this one. thanks
    03-26-11 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD