Hi all. I work for an IT company and one of our clients needs some emails from about 6 months ago in a legal case. Its a Rogers phone (@rogers.blackberry.net) and the emails aren't on the phone any longer. I was told by Rogers even though its their phone this email is managed by RIM and I would have to contact them. Would RIM still have these emails stored anywhere? Thanks all.
    11-25-11 11:21 AM
    I doubt it, but I suppose it's possible. I'm assuming that the e-mails were sent to the @rodgers.blackberry.net account?

I would contact Rodgers again and have them escalate the ticket up to RIM. That way you'll be able to speak to someone directly from RIM about the situation. I think your client is probably screwed, I doubt that the e-mails are still available, but I could be wrong. It's worth a shot.
    11-25-11 12:45 PM
  3. T
    I'd be surprised if it were possible. For example, when you set up a filter on the @carrier.blackberry.net email address and you tell it to not forward the filtered (or unfiltered) email to the device, it gives a warning like "Are you sure you want to do this? Emails not forwarded to the device will be deleted." I doubt the server would handle forwarded emails any differently and save them.
    11-26-11 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD