I have the same problem but also my connectivity doesnt work straight away it takes 30 mins to sign into msn messenger,aol,google messenger and yahoo messenger and for ubertwitter to initilize to recieve tweets and to send them and also the web browser doesnt work until all those things initilize but the email does work but there is a 10 or 8 minute delay all the time in revieving them but no delay in sending i have a battery problem but its all my fault i refuse to end the ubertwitter until i go asleep but thats the only app i leave running and i do send alot of tweets
    but i need help with this because everytime i reboot it takes 30 mins to get connectivity i got it factory unlocked and its made in hunagry it was brand new and i wish for this to work can anyone tell me what to do because i have the apn set to what the network is and i live in ireland the network apn has worked on my curve 8310 and 8800 i am so pixxed as my bold 9700 for pulling this can someone please please help me out here i would really appreciate it and if your advice works i will give you the $4 voucher for Bplay's themes&games
    thanks
    12-26-09 02:12 PM
    try logging into your bis and resending your service books
    12-26-09 02:42 PM
    i did but theres something weird about it cause after a reboot it takes 40 mins to get back to they way it was before a reboot like sending/rec email tweeting and stuff why do you think plus i have sent the registration book thingys from the bis and it doesnt do a thing is this because its new my previous ones wernt new but they never had a huge problem like this i am never buying a brand new blackberry again
    01-05-10 06:27 PM
    I think you're the only one who has this problem. With that being said, it's absolutely ridiculous for you to blame the "new blackberry device". This device is phenomenal.
    01-05-10 06:32 PM
    There is a problem with your connection. Call customer service and have them figure it out, definitely not normal.
    You can run a diagnostics on your device:
    Click on the Manage Connections icon, scroll down and click Mobile Network Options, press the menu key and select Diagnostics test, press menu again and select run. It will tell you the status of your connection and what network your connected to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 06:44 PM
    and don't worry about asking for help. That's what we're here for.

01-05-10 06:46 PM
    There is a problem with your connection. Call customer service and have them figure it out, definitely not normal.
    You can run a diagnostics on your device:
    Click on the Manage Connections icon, scroll down and click Mobile Network Options, press the menu key and select Diagnostics test, press menu again and select run. It will tell you the status of your connection and what network your connected to.

The weird thing was that I was restarting my BB and went into the connections and turned off the 3G and now its on 2G/EDGE and is working perfectly I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner plus when it was on 3G it said for BIS:Not Connected but on 2G it said it was , 3G was never a big thing for me as I am not a Web Browser/YouTube freak when it comes to my BB that's what a laptop is for so now that its fixed I would like to thank you for being close to what was wrong with my device by numberous people incl my service provider could not explain what was wrong but like usual I figured it out myself which is always the way but thank you anyway I feel so bad for misleading /confusing you or whatever but I was more confused than you and I'm only 14 I am just so happy that its working

01-05-10 10:10 PM
    I figured it out everyone I had to set the band frequency to 2G/EDGE which was what my 8800/8310 used so now its working perfectly fine and I don't really need 3G cause you don't need 3G for email,I.M or Tweeting and I don't do much browsing so thanks everyone for who suggested help but my providers didn't know what the **** I was talking about and couldn't get past the fact that I had in my possession a BlackBerry Bold 9700 as its not available on the network in ireland yet(and yes they are very stupid when it comes to BlackBerry) in this country
    Thanks
    From ColinYO
    Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/ColinYO
    Check out IAMBecauseWeAre full movie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3awaN0nOwQ

01-05-10 10:14 PM
    Mine does it right away. wifi and 3g
    01-06-10 09:57 AM
    I'm glad everything is working for you...but at the end of the day, this really is an issue. Maybe you don't feel like it is now, but you really do need to call or contact your carrier and tell them 3G is messing up for you.
    01-06-10 10:15 AM
    I'm glad everything is working for you...but at the end of the day, this really is an issue. Maybe you don't feel like it is now, but you really do need to call or contact your carrier and tell them 3G is messing up for you.
    3G used up more of my battery I didn't realize that I got an extra 2hours out of my battery I was so happy and shocked I was like how long did I use my BB today and ILoveBlackBerry said 5 hours (2 hours of it was before I went asleep) this is normal for me and I got 12 hours out of my Battery and I don't think the 3G works with my network either so its kinda pointless I think it has a different frequency plus I havnt had a 3G BB before I had the Curve 8310 and 8800 so I don't see/feel a difference and when I had it on the 3G/2G option the speeds are the exact same as they are now

01-06-10 08:03 PM
    Mine does it right away. wifi and 3g
    You are one of the lucky ones so my WiFi works my bB could have been worse but I'm using 2G and WIfi so that's ok cause my Curve 8310 and 8800 we're both 2G

01-06-10 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD