12-29-09 11:07 PM
42 12
tools
    Let me get you a new link to download. I'm really hoping you have a backup file on your PC, and where did you download the new bbm from?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 12:26 PM
    that's where what is ?!
    12-29-09 12:27 PM
    just uninstall and reinstall...i woke up this morning and all my bbm contacts were gone! its like it re-download itself and it ask me to accept the license agreement for bbm. now bbm is running very slow.
    12-29-09 12:27 PM
    You may have downloaded the wrong version and deleted the icon.

12-29-09 12:29 PM
    when i tried to open up bbm, on my phone, it comes up all the time, saying "upload link now avaliable" and then the option to continue to link, copy link, or cancel
    it just came up again, so i pressed continue to upload and it failed, again , anyway
    oh im so ready to lob somehting out the window in a minute
    12-29-09 12:29 PM
    Let me get you the link to install it, hang on.

12-29-09 12:32 PM
    Find the browser icon, click the trackball and open it, type in the top mobile.blackberry.com, no www. When the page loads at the top click on "what can BlackBerry do" select instant messaging, then Blackberry Messenger. From there it will take you to the download. Install it and it will be in the instant messaging folder. Follow the screenshots I posted to take the BlackBerry Messenger icon out of the instant messaging folder and place it on the home screen...
    12-29-09 12:33 PM
    Go here to download and install on your 9700:
    bbmdownload ...

12-29-09 12:34 PM
    Now, the easy way to launch/start bbm is to use the device switcher I mentioned previously. Press and hold the alt key. Then press the back key. While still holding the alt key down, use your right thumb to scroll over to the bbm icon and click it. Now release the alt key and bbm will open.

He knows that. Thats not the issue. He wants to find the icon, not launch BBM any way he can.
    12-29-09 12:35 PM
    Find the browser icon, click the trackball and open it, type in the top mobile.blackberry.com, no www. When the page loads at the top click on "what can BlackBerry do" select instant messaging, then Blackberry Messenger. From there it will take you to the download. Install it and it will be in the instant messaging folder. Follow the screenshots I posted to take the BlackBerry Messenger icon out of the instant messaging folder and place it on the home screen...
    That's the link I posted SD.

12-29-09 12:38 PM
    I am hoping you haven't lost your bbm contacts on your device. But if you have, they are easy to restore from a backup file.

Let me know if you need a hand doing that.

12-29-09 12:47 PM
    ill give it all a go now
    oh and um, im not a he, im a 19 year old girl very confused in the uk aha!
    ill get back to you asapppppp
    12-29-09 12:55 PM
    Hahaha, I knew you were a she, . So download the bbm from the link, then follow SD's directions to move the icon to your home screen. And Goodluck

12-29-09 12:57 PM
    hahaha, it owuld have to be a woman , as my brother just said aha ! i'll give it a go
    12-29-09 01:05 PM
    Well? Do you have bbm? just curious.

12-29-09 01:49 PM
    thank you guys !
    i ended up going onto the "help" icon, then "blackberry messenger" then "find more help online" and it took me to the link you posted with the new messenger. i think you're right, when it told me to get the new one it was giving me an older version, and when it failed just deleted mine, but i have it back, and the new one, and i now (thanks to you) know about a million ways of getting onto it now aha! thank you xo
    12-29-09 07:48 PM
    do u guys/gals notice a lag on bbm or is it just me? i uninstalled bbm and reinstalled it again. i have this 5 sec delay wen i hit enter and then the msg will show up.
    12-29-09 11:07 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD