12-29-09 11:07 PM
42 12
tools
    Perhaps it's me having one of my 'moments', but I had BB Messenger on my Bold about half an hour ago, and now it's icon has disappeared. After an initial panic, I've found the application is still on my phone. It is usually located in my Instant Messaging folder, which is fine, but I only realised my normal way of getting into the application had disappeared when the icon to say I had a message came up on my home screen, the Instant Messaging folder had the red star on it, but when I went into it, the BB application isn't there. I was using it half an hour ago, and then the upgrade link notification came up as I went to go into BB Messenger, so I tried downloading it and it failed, so I don't know
    BB Messenger is definitely on my phone, as when I go onto "Options" and then "Switch Applications" it comes up and is fine to go into. It really is just a case of the icon disappearing. Help ?! xo
    12-29-09 11:23 AM
    First while on the home screen press the menu button then select show all. If it doesn't appear, check the applications folder and all folders after that.
    12-29-09 11:34 AM
    Right, just to clarify, the menu one is the key with the bb logo on it, right?
    12-29-09 11:37 AM
    because when i press that, all that comes up are the application icons for phone, browser etc
    12-29-09 11:40 AM
    And in each one do show all to find it. It is probably in the IM folder where the star popped up. FYI, an easy way to get into bbm is to use the app switcher. Press and hold your alt key, then press the back key - the one next to the trackpad. Bbm is one of 5 apps always available in the switcher. Once open, use the track pad to click on the bbm icon to open it.
    The menu button is the one with the logo.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 11:40 AM
    The menu key is the button to the left of the trackball, just tap it real quick to take you to the application screen where all of your icons are at. If you hold the menu key down for longer than a second or two, it will take to to the "App Switcher" that shows you what is running in the backround. So, just tap the menu key, scroll to any icon, tap the menu key again and scroll down to "Show All" see if it appears. If not, look in your folders, specifically the instant messaging folder...
    12-29-09 11:43 AM
    oh my god, whatever i just did, has now thidden bloody msn aswell
    12-29-09 11:56 AM
    right, when im on my home screen, i held it down so that the app switcher came up, but once im on that, nothign comes up if i press the menu key again. if i hold it down again for a while, it just takes me back to my home screen :/ i cant find this "show all" thing anywhere. i checked all my folders, oh god, how do i get myself in these messes?!
    12-29-09 11:58 AM
    Hahaha, slow down, you're confusing yourself. Do it one thing at a time. 1. Go to your main/home screen. Click on the IM folder to open it. Press the menu key, scroll down the menu that opens and click show all. You should now see your bbm icon.

12-29-09 12:02 PM
    OK, pay close attention to what we are saying. Hit the button to the right of the trackball a couple times, you will now be on the "Main Screen" Tap the "Menu Key" to the left of the trackball, do not hold it down. Now you will notice a bunch of different icons, scroll around and find the instant messaging folder. Scroll to BlackBerry Messenger, hit the menu key and select "Move to folder" now select "Home".
    12-29-09 12:03 PM
    Now, the easy way to launch/start bbm is to use the device switcher I mentioned previously. Press and hold the alt key. Then press the back key. While still holding the alt key down, use your right thumb to scroll over to the bbm icon and click it. Now release the alt key and bbm will open.

12-29-09 12:08 PM
    but this is what i'm trying to say, like, i don't get a "show all" or "move to folder option"
    right i'll say what im doing step by step
    -It's just on the normal screen, where I can see my wallpaper and 6 icons at the bottom
    -pressed the menu key once
    -now on the screen where i see all my icons
    -scrolled to instant messenger,

now, if i don't go into the folder and just press the menu key, the options i get are:

Move
    Hide
    Delete
    Options
    (in Options there is: Set Download Folder, Set Home Screen Layout, Set Theme)
    Add Folder
    Edit Folder
    Switch Application

or, if I do all the same steps as before, but actually go into the folder instead of just pressing the menu key, it just has the name of the folder, "Instant Messaging" and no tabs for anything now. Then, if I press the menu key, I only get "Switch Application"

oh god, what have i done
    12-29-09 12:11 PM
    You've hidden all your icons. When you go into the folder and press the menu key, is there a show all option?

12-29-09 12:13 PM
    i can get into the application for bb messenger, but is there no way of just having the icon back? as all i had to do before was open it on my main home screen, as it was one of the shortcut ones. and msn has gone, and argh
    12-29-09 12:13 PM
    You've hidden all your icons. When you go into the folder and press the menu key, is there a show all option?

nope, nothing, just "switch application"
    12-29-09 12:14 PM
    There's a chance you've moved your icons to a different folder. You'll need to open each one one at a time to see if you can find them.

12-29-09 12:15 PM
    My icons look different than yours, but pay no attention to that. This is the home screen.

Now, hit the "Menu key" to the left of the trackball and it will to you to this screen here.

Now click the trackball on the instant messaging folder, when it opens hit the menu key again and you will see this.

Now, find the BlackBerry Messenger icon, click on "Move To folder" and then select "Home"

12-29-09 12:18 PM
    i found msn, just not bb messenger.
    this is the worst game of hide and seek i have ever played in my life
    12-29-09 12:18 PM
    that bb messenger disappeared as soon as i tried and failed to upgrade it, it must be that?
    12-29-09 12:20 PM
    its not under show all?
    12-29-09 12:20 PM
    bb messenger isnt in that folder, its nowhere, i can get it when i do that app switcher hting, but just a normal, icon for it, is nowhere
    12-29-09 12:21 PM
    i haven't got a "show all", not once has that option even come up, for any folder
    12-29-09 12:22 PM
    Bbm could be in any folder, keep looking for it - them follow SD's instructions to move it to your home screen, or where ever you want to move it to. And remember to follow my instructions to use app switcher to open and use bbm in the future.

12-29-09 12:23 PM
    Ooooohhhh!!!! That's where it is!!!

12-29-09 12:25 PM
    i have opened literally every single folder, every single thing in it. i dont understand where it is stored on my phone. im going to pop into the shop in a minute, i'll post later if it doesn't gets sorted, and if it does, how it did. thankyou though, for now, and everything. and ill definitely go into bbm that way when its all sorted. xo
    12-29-09 12:26 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD