hiya i have a blackberry pearl 8110 , i want to install the newest messenger several friends told me to log on to blackberry/messenger .. this didint work. i also went onto blackberry applications to download the messenger but it says "device or carrier not supported" any other way? i have only been using the phone a couple of days so not reali sure of what to do .. thanx
    01-15-10 08:40 AM
    Do you have a blackberry data plan? Try with the desktop manager under applications or with the Blackberry App world but you must have a Blackberry data plan for BBM, it uses data.
    01-15-10 10:09 AM
    Do you have a blackberry data plan? Try with the desktop manager under applications or with the Blackberry App world but you must have a Blackberry data plan for BBM, it uses data.
    Hey, do you know if I can convert an AT&T Blackberry 8100 into a "Boostberry" , I already have the service books for Blackberry-Nextel.
    01-17-10 09:46 AM
    Hey, do you know if I can convert an AT&T Blackberry 8100 into a "Boostberry" , I already have the service books for Blackberry-Nextel.
    Boost Mobile is a division of Sprint Nextel. ...
    Boost Mobile uses a CDMA devices. The Pearl 8110 is a GSM device, not compatable with Boost Mobile.
    01-17-10 11:46 AM
    any way to change the GSM to a CDMA, or is that impossible?
    01-17-10 12:44 PM
    That is part of the reason why there are so many different BlackBerry models. The one you want is the Pearl 8130.
    01-17-10 05:04 PM
    yea i have the data plan i tried using the blackberry application site just says device is not suported i have the older version of bb messenger running i just cant seem to get the new one :S
    01-17-10 06:58 PM
    i have also downloaded desktop manager and in the application loader "communication port" is blank i cannot click anything?
    01-17-10 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD