01-15-12 01:40 PM
263 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I found out that if you go through Wingdings (or similar text) you can email them & set each as an autotext. Now I have symbols, smilies, blackberry logo all ready to insert into my emails/messenger.
    could someone please send these to me?
    04-05-10 10:25 AM
    I have the tour9630 and symbols saved on my email and memopad but its ot giving me the option for Autotext so i cant save them and use them, can someone tell me how to do autotext?
    05-13-10 02:06 PM
    i need symbols and cool letters plz send em pin: 320E0C8E i had em before but i qot a new blackberry..
    Last edited by DCLokiz52; 06-02-10 at 09:36 PM.
    05-13-10 09:50 PM
    Hi, this might be a bit off topic, but I know the little clock means the message hasnt left my phone yet, will it ever leave my phone or do I send the same message again to my bbm contact? thanxxx
    06-07-10 07:27 PM
    hey how you doing I'm trying to BBM you so I can get the list for my blackberry messenger thanks
    06-18-10 10:52 PM
    I found out that if you go through Wingdings (or similar text) you can email them & set each as an autotext. Now I have symbols, smilies, blackberry logo all ready to insert into my emails/messenger.
    Is that actually true? Please tell us how! I get how you autotext them in etc but I really want to make my own!

How did you manage to edit wingdings to bring up an image as it only seems to work on rubbish things like a basic smiley drawn with black lines and a white background.

You seem to be the only one to have successfully made your own. Help!
    06-30-10 07:59 AM
    So I need major help ! I've done basically EVERYTHING to try and get the "peace sign" to show up on my Blackberry versus that annoying black box ! "fsymbols.com" has pretty much every symbol created and I can't access the ones I want I've tried saving them in the Auto Text, e-mailing them to myself, PINing myself, saving it as a PDF file and e-mailing it to myself, and I literally can't do it ! I'm not to sure exactly what the problem is lol Can someone just help a girl out here and send me the dumb peace sign ! My BBM is 30EC73C9. Thanks in advance !!
    07-05-10 08:43 PM
    So I need major help ! I've done basically EVERYTHING to try and get the "peace sign" to show up on my Blackberry versus that annoying black box ! "fsymbols.com" has pretty much every symbol created and I can't access the ones I want I've tried saving them in the Auto Text, e-mailing them to myself, PINing myself, saving it as a PDF file and e-mailing it to myself, and I literally can't do it ! I'm not to sure exactly what the problem is lol Can someone just help a girl out here and send me the dumb peace sign ! My BBM is 30EC73C9. Thanks in advance !!
    Unfortunately, not just any symbols will work in bmm so by going to fsymbols and trying to copy and past them to your bbm is not going to help but to frustrate you. Sorry.
    There are a limited number of symbols that are recognized in bmm right now.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-06-10 at 12:21 PM.
    07-06-10 12:17 PM
    Jaydee5799 .. I didn't back up my phone and I re-loaded my OS can you send my the symbols again?? pin:2156A5DA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 08:20 PM
    Jaydee5799 .. I didn't back up my phone and I re-loaded my OS can you send my the symbols again?? pin:2156A5DA

Sorry it took me a while...but you got em!
    07-06-10 08:55 PM
    Has anyone thought about doing a backup of just their AutoTxt database and posting it for others to import??

Willing to be a test subject here....
    07-07-10 03:32 PM
    21BA720C, can someone send me all the possible emoicons also???
    07-10-10 05:47 PM
    21BA720C, can someone send me all the possible emoicons also???
    Sent them to you!!!
    Thanks for being so patient!!!!
    Enjoy!
    07-10-10 07:51 PM
    To the right of your space bar is the symbol button, hit it twice and you get the smileys. (In BB messenger) And welcome to CB!

07-11-10 06:12 AM
    Originally Posted by CJH315 View Post
    To the right of your space bar is the symbol button, hit it twice and you get the smileys. (In BB messenger) And welcome to CB!

You do realize that what you have quoted gives you the directions to the emoticons that are part of the BBM program already right? There are additional smileys that we can add to our berries and that is what I am sending to folks when they ask. I'm not sure why that person posted that info and disregarded the new icons available....
    07-11-10 10:17 AM
    So I got sent a bunch of smileys, how do I add them to my bbm?
    07-11-10 11:30 AM
    So I got sent a bunch of smileys, how do I add them to my bbm?
    You have several choices:
    You can save them in the format in which you have them now, either in the PIN message you have them in now, or as a doc, email or memo and refer to them as you need them. That is, go to the list every time you want to use one, select an icon, copy it and paste it into the bbm chat and send it to your partner that you are talking to.

Or you may spend some time ahead of time now and copy each symbol individually that you would like to use and create and entry for it in autotext and it will be there when you want to use it in bbm next time. To do this, you should select the icon, copy it, go to options/ autotext/ bb button/new/ and paste the black box (the new emoticon in the "replace with" field. In the upper field type in a name that you will remember so you can use it to call up your new emoticon. For instance, copy the icon of the pig. In the autotext create a new entry. Name it piggy and in the replace with field, paste the black box that represents the pig icon that you copied from the icons SOMEONE SENT YOU. SAVE. Now when you go into a bbm chat and type piggy and a space, the icon of the pig will show up.

The third way to integrate these new icons into your BBM is to buy an app called Fancy Character for $2.00 from the Crackberry store or Mobihand. It creates a menu item that allows you to choose a fancy character to place in your conversation and lists all these icons and more.

Hope this helps!
    07-11-10 11:38 AM
    What's the best site to get symbols from? I'd like to have loads of symbols stored on my bbm, also does anybody know if the skull symbol works?

07-11-10 12:25 PM
    What's the best site to get symbols from? I'd like to have loads of symbols stored on my bbm, also does anybody know if the skull symbol works?

Unfortunately, there isn't anywhere you can "get" symbols from for BBM. There are only a handful of symbols that are recognized in BBM. These are the ones that are already there are the ones that are being sent to people through PIN messages or have been posted here:

Happy Smiley
    Angry Smiley
    Sad Smiley
    Worried Smiley
    Dead Smiley
    Two Hands To Face Smiley
    Chewing Smiley
    Grill Smiley
    Tongue Out Winking Smiley
    Electrical Face Smiley?
    Winking Smiley
    Medium Smile Smiley
    Big Frown Smiley
    Animal Face Smiley
     Big Cry Smiley
    Little Cry Smiley
    Sideways Looking Smiley
    Heart Eyes Smiley
     Sighing Smiley
    Worried Smiley
    Very Worried Smiley
    Very Angry Smiley
    Closed Eye Smiley
    Eyes
    Ear
    Red Lips
    Blue Z's Sleeping
    Fist Front View
    Fist from Side
    Fist Peace Sign
    Hand Open
    Thumbs Up Fist
    Person Silhouette
     Jet Front
    Plane
    Ocean Liner
    Bus
    Car
    Station Wagon
    Bicycle
    Green People Mover
    Checkered Flag
    Running Stick Figure
     Surfer
    Skiing Figure
    Baseball
    Olympic Torch?
    Tennis Racket and Ball
    Soccer Ball
    Basketball Hoop and Ball
    Puff of Air
    Footprint
    Diamond Engagement Ring
    Kings Crown
    Cigarette
    White Purse
    Red Hand Bag
    Key
    Watch
    Glasses
    Necklaces
    Sneaker
    Red High Heel Shoe
    Winter Hat
    Blue T Shirt
    Jeans
    Sports Jersey
     Bow Tie
    Bag
    Money Bag
    Hot Coffee Cup
     Martini Glass
    Beer
    Burger
    Cake Slice
    Birthday Cake
    Warm Cup
    Latte
    Bottle And Cup
    Soup
    Bread
    Wine Glass
    Banana
    Apple
    Cherries
    Four Leaf Clover
    Rose
    Two Leaf Clover
    Leaf
    Flower
    Mountain
    Ferris Wheel
    Island Scene
    Wave
    Thunder Cloud
    Umbrella with Rain
    Sun
    Cloud
    Moon and Star in Black Box
    Rain Drops
    Rain Drop
    Door
    Bell
    Building
    House
    Factory Building
    Stoplight Sideways
    Red Stop Sign
    Gas Pump
    Dinner Plate Symbol
    Restroom Symbol
    Lodging Symbol
    ATM Symbol
    Yen House
    Red Cross House Symbol
    Red T House Symbol
    Snowman
    Christmas Tree
    Cat
    Dog
    Snail
    Chic
    Penguin
    Fish
    Horse
    Pig
    Analog Clock
    Hour Glass
    Calendar
    24 hrs Calendar Symbol?
     Make Call
    Telephone Symbol
    Mail
    Send Mail
    Chair
    Monitor
    Fax
    Pager
    Paper Clip
    Scissors
    White Pen
    Paint Brush
    Paint Pallet
    Magnifying Glass
    Green Crayon
    Memo Pad Symbol
    Copyright Symbol
    TM Trademark
    Caution Triangle
    Trademark Symbol
    Exclamation in Triangle
    No Smoking
    Red Music Note
    Steamy Water
    Starburst
    Light Bulb On
    Wrench
    Cell Phone
    Compact Disc
    Game Controller
    Television
    Intersection
    Bomb
    Present
    Camera
    Microphone
    Movie Camera Symbol
    Movie Symbol
    Red Music Notes
    Blue Music Note
    Heart Envelope
    Two Hearts
    Broken Heart
    Beating Heart
    Big Heart
    Free in Box
    Handicap Symbol
    Club
    Diamond
    Spade
    Heart
    Happy Sad Masks
    Yellow Capricorn Symbol
     Libra Symbol
    Green Aquarius
    Pisces
    Red Sagitarius
    Blue Scorpio
    Yellow Virgo
    Red Leo
    Cancer
    Gemini
    Taurus
    Aries
    0 Box
    9 Box
    8 Box
    7 Box
    6 Box
    5 Box
    4 Box
    3 Box
    2 Box
    1 Box
    Q in Octagon
    White Ball
    Funky Plus
    # Sign With Lines Above and Below
    Yellow Blob
    Yellow Blob in Box
    D
    D with Circle Around It
    Yen
    ID with Lines Above and Below
    Red Return Arrow
     CL with Lines Above and Below
    NEW with Lines Above and Below
    Right Arrow with Soon under it
    Double Arrow with On under it
    Left Arrow with End under it
    Red arrow to right and up
    Bottom Left Arrow
    Bottom Right Arrow
    Upward Left Arrow
    Upward Right Arrow
    Yellow Thing?
    Blue P in Circle
    Yellow M in Circle
    Flying Animal
    Electricity in Ball
    Blue 3D Downward Left Arrow
    Dashes symbolizing Rows
    Spiral
    Blue Downward Arrow From Left
    Red Exclamation
    Red Exclamation and Blue Question
    Two Red Exclamations
    Squiggly Arrows Pointing at each other
    Jagged Line
    Red OK with lines above and below
    lowercase a
    lowercase a in box
    Red NG with lines Above and Below
    Up/Down Arrow
     Left/Right Arrow
    Foreign Circle Symbol 1
    Foreign Circle Symbol 2
    Foreign Circle Symbol 3

So if you copy these and paste them into a doc, email, memo or pin message to your self and keep them, you can add them to a bbm chat as you need them.

OR you could use one symbol at a time in bbm chat by copying and pasting.

You can't go out and grab just ANY symbol from anywhere on the web as they WILL NOT WORK IN BBM. TRY IT. I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
    07-11-10 01:07 PM
    You have several choices:
    You can save them in the format in which you have them now, either in the PIN message you have them in now, or as a doc, email or memo and refer to them as you need them. That is, go to the list every time you want to use one, select an icon, copy it and paste it into the bbm chat and send it to your partner that you are talking to.

Or you may spend some time ahead of time now and copy each symbol individually that you would like to use and create and entry for it in autotext and it will be there when you want to use it in bbm next time. To do this, you should select the icon, copy it, go to options/ autotext/ bb button/new/ and paste the black box (the new emoticon in the "replace with" field. In the upper field type in a name that you will remember so you can use it to call up your new emoticon. For instance, copy the icon of the pig. In the autotext create a new entry. Name it piggy and in the replace with field, paste the black box that represents the pig icon that you copied from the icons SOMEONE SENT YOU. SAVE. Now when you go into a bbm chat and type piggy and a space, the icon of the pig will show up.

The third way to integrate these new icons into your BBM is to buy an app called Fancy Character for $2.00 from the Crackberry store or Mobihand. It creates a menu item that allows you to choose a fancy character to place in your conversation and lists all these icons and more.

Hope this helps!
    You HOPE it helped??? Dude it helped A LOT! Thanks!
    07-11-10 01:18 PM
    Can I get these also. I need something to show off in my bbm.. Thanks
    07-11-10 02:03 PM
    would be greatly appreciated if you could email me some cool symbols. email them to shanna.kay-@hotmail.com
    preferably hearts, stars, etc. or anything unique. if so, could someone email me the outline of the heart, just without the inside? ive been looking for it and can't find it. if anyone can help, thanks!
    07-12-10 02:56 PM
    Does anyone know of any Marine Corps icons, symbols, etc. for BBM. If so can you send them to me please. PIN 3216572A
    07-20-10 03:33 PM
    Can you please send me the symbols? My PIN is 21FD396C. Thank you so much.
    08-07-10 12:30 PM
    Can you please send me the symbols? My PIN is 21FD396C. Thank you so much.
    I sent you what I have. Enjoy!
    08-07-10 02:05 PM
263 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD