05-05-11 04:16 PM
59 123
tools
    You are missing the issue. My browser opens to the "go to" screen. On that screen, I can only use Bing search. not everyone wants to have the browser go explicitly to a "home" screen. Also, with tight OS integration of Bing into BBOS, I'm going to PRESUME that search is going to be STUCK on Bing for all BB menu "search" features that are added for (ahem) "convenience". IMO, Bing blows chunks.
    Why not set it to google instead of "go to" page, go to page is always available by pressing G no matter what webpage you're in. It's not a big deal, Bing might suck now but we could see better things from them, I think google has gone as far as they're willing to with blackberry, they're not gonna give us anything better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 03:09 PM
    This as it may be the default search option but there is always a way round these things.

Also the upside of MS integration will be the use of OVI maps from Nokia, these are being ported into the WP7 app store and should be baked into the qnx mix, these maps are like having a free tomtom. They are super and its an area where RIM is currently lacking

05-04-11 03:11 PM
    This as it may be the default search option but there is always a way round these things.

Also the upside of MS integration will be the use of OVI maps from Nokia, these are being ported into the WP7 app store and should be baked into the qnx mix, these maps are like having a free tomtom. They are super and its an area where RIM is currently lacking

Aha, I wonder if that's the catch, free ovi maps if you make bing the default search. I would gladly accept that. I tried ovi maps years ago and they were very good, I imagine they have improved since.

05-04-11 03:16 PM
    I hope is optionall
    05-05-11 03:20 AM
    oh it better be optional! or ill have to arrange a meeting with mike myself
    05-05-11 06:33 AM
    I think they are about all the same as far as search engines.

Anyone here remember when we use to search for something instead of google for something.

Advertising and brain washing work.
    05-05-11 06:46 AM
    Interesting information. I do not have a BB but have registered on this forum to do my homework before leaping with a contract. I'll be getting a new phone and probably carrier in July and am gathering facts first. ANy forcing of Bing will be a mark in the minus column for the BB. (I really want BB to come out on top of an Android but will let the facts take me where they do)
    05-05-11 01:15 PM
    Interesting information. I do not have a BB but have registered on this forum to do my homework before leaping with a contract. I'll be getting a new phone and probably carrier in July and am gathering facts first. ANy forcing of Bing will be a mark in the minus column for the BB. (I really want BB to come out on top of an Android but will let the facts take me where they do)
    With the news of Bing, I wouldn't.
    05-05-11 02:19 PM
    You are missing the issue. My browser opens to the "go to" screen. On that screen, I can only use Bing search. not everyone wants to have the browser go explicitly to a "home" screen. Also, with tight OS integration of Bing into BBOS, I'm going to PRESUME that search is going to be STUCK on Bing for all BB menu "search" features that are added for (ahem) "convenience". IMO, Bing blows chunks.
    Agreed good sir!!!!!!!!!!

05-05-11 04:16 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD