07-01-11 02:11 AM
121 ... 2345
tools
    Ah. So when RIM releases QNX software next year that isn't compatible with any of RIM's previously sold devices, they'll be doing that to "force" existing customers to upgrade too, right? Got it.
    WRONG!

QNX will not disable existing phones. Well... not unless some jackass who knows enough to be dangerous tries to force the software onto an incompatible device.
    06-20-11 06:55 PM
    BGR hit the nail on the head. This is absolutely 110% accurate. Damn shame eh?
    K Bear, zeteo, maevinj and 1 others like this.
    06-20-11 06:56 PM
    I'm thinking they are competing with The Onion.
    Oh come on now, The Onion is one of the finest new sources out there.

But I guess we could compare BGR and The Onion for just making the news up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-11 07:07 PM
    maybe but i think any phone has issues when gripped around the antennas. I think being on atts spotty network just didnt help it much either. My buddy has an att iphone and it never has any issues. Its a day 1 phone too. So it truly can be hit and miss
    Prior to apple and the iphone 4 Ive never heard a cell phone company shrug responsibility and tell its customers they're holding it wrong.
    06-20-11 07:11 PM
    You don't really think BGR is "journalism," do you? Hint: it's not.
    I know I just couldnt think of any other way to put it.
    06-20-11 08:10 PM
    Prior to apple and the iphone 4 Ive never heard a cell phone company shrug responsibility and tell its customers they're holding it wrong.
    Just goes to show what kind of company they are. I really wish people would wake up and realize how apple really are. What other company TELLS YOU what you should and shouldnt want. Ive had an Iphone 4 for a few months and I dont understand why there are lines of approximatly 1000 people for new apple products.
    06-20-11 08:16 PM
    WRONG!

QNX will not disable existing phones. Well... not unless some jackass who knows enough to be dangerous tries to force the software onto an incompatible device.
    I didn't say anything about devices being "disabled," I merely noted that the QNX OS will not be compatible with any of the BlackBerry phones sold up until that point, and wondered if that would be considered a "forced upgrade" the same way the commenter suggested that iOS 4's performance on the iPhone 3G was Apple's way of "forcing" users to upgrade to newer devices. iOS 4 didn't "disable" the iPhone 3G either; it just didn't work very well until some upgrades were issued.
    06-20-11 08:19 PM
    Oh come on now, The Onion is one of the finest new sources out there.

But I guess we could compare BGR and The Onion for just making the news up.

Yes, that is what I was going for. By no means did I intend to bring The Onion down to the the level of BGR.
    06-20-11 08:22 PM
    Just goes to show what kind of company they are. I really wish people would wake up and realize how apple really are. What other company TELLS YOU what you should and shouldnt want. Ive had an Iphone 4 for a few months and I dont understand why there are lines of approximatly 1000 people for new apple products.
    Every company tells you what you should want. Apple tells you you should want touch-screen only devices. RIM tells you that you should want a device with some kind of physical keyboard, or a tablet with the "full web." HTC tells you you should want a device with 4G. Etc, etc, etc. I got news for you: every single company is doing the same thing; they're trying to get as many people as they can buy their products. To suggest otherwise is counter-intuitive.

As for lines of 1000 people, I don't know either. I wouldn't buy a product from a company that I thought was as bad as you seem to think Apple is. But as bad as you believe it is, you still bought an iPhone 4, which doesn't make any sense to me but apparently works for you.
    06-20-11 08:24 PM
    I call him Boy Gennie AS... and stop following BGR on twitter it is a Apple only site. Everything Rim does is half baked yet in 2011 almost 2012 iphone is getting notifications and yet it's still the best phone in the world according to Boy Gennie ***.
    I check the website to see what Rim bashing is going on for the day...what an idio...
    Last edited by Jehu; 06-20-11 at 08:27 PM.
    06-20-11 08:24 PM
    How did carriers approved the iPhone 4 with the antenna problem?

BGR is so pathetic... losers...
    06-20-11 09:20 PM
    lol @ people taking bgr articles personal... bunch of brand whores in this forum...
    06-20-11 09:54 PM
    How did carriers approved the iPhone 4 with the antenna problem?

BGR is so pathetic... losers...
    people are still on this? It wasn't much of a problem at all, hence why no one cares and it's selling like hotcakes. Ah but let me guess, that's because people are sheep right.

As for BGR, who cares. On the one hand they have been posting a lot of negative stuff about RIM lately, but please wake me up when there is something positive to say because I'm sincerely anticipating such news.
    06-20-11 09:56 PM
    I see this as no different than any other phone that comes out....All Android devices have had major issue upon release, ie: Thunderbolt connectivity issues....
    06-20-11 09:59 PM
    Every company tells you what you should want. Apple tells you you should want touch-screen only devices. RIM tells you that you should want a device with some kind of physical keyboard, or a tablet with the "full web." HTC tells you you should want a device with 4G. Etc, etc, etc. I got news for you: every single company is doing the same thing; they're trying to get as many people as they can buy their products. To suggest otherwise is counter-intuitive.

As for lines of 1000 people, I don't know either. I wouldn't buy a product from a company that I thought was as bad as you seem to think Apple is. But as bad as you believe it is, you still bought an iPhone 4, which doesn't make any sense to me but apparently works for you.
    I bought it primarily to review other smartphones. Its a little hobby I have and im planning to start a site soon. I have an Xperia arc, 9780 & Iphone4. Although i know that every company trys to force stuff down consumers throat i just feel like apple are doing the compleat opposite from their good old 1982 commercial.
    06-20-11 10:13 PM
    Humn, sounds like what rimm did to vz with the storm. Odd thing is, I got so pissed from having so many problems with my pos storm, I called RIMM directly a few times and they would not help me at all, they said it was a carrier issue with VZ as to why my phone kept freezing and couldn't make phone calls, why my phone would delete my calendar appointments by itself, and they said it was my carriers fault for the phone shutting off and rebooting several times a week.
    06-20-11 11:08 PM
    One of my favorite things is how any site not constantly pro-RIM is no crap and puts out articles not to be listened to that are just anti-RIM. BGR is not a bad site, and I see a lot of good articles on it. They also do quote people, who may not share your opinion. I think most of you slam any site not pro-RIM and discredit them quickly. Defensive much?
    kevinnugent and reeneebob like this.
    06-21-11 12:27 AM
    Did anyone ever notice that the Bold 9650 has an app limit built into the OS? Once that limit is reached, usually at about 160 to 180 mb file free, the thing becomes unstable or the latest app will just not open and give you a java error! So much for 512 mb of ram huh?

Just thought of that considering we're talking about a report about half baked blackberries here... I'm just sayin
    06-21-11 02:50 AM
    Meh, another berryTROLL thread. Might as well say this:
    RIM IS FINE AND MY BLACKBERRY WORKS FINE AND BIS WORKS FINE SO RIM IS DOING FINE AND I DON'T EVER EVEN GIVE A FLYING ISHAT HITS THE FAN CRAPPY ABOUT HALF-BAKED BLACKBERRIES, CAUSE WE CAN ALWAYS BAKE THEM FULLY IN OUR HANDS LOLZ!!!

Done with my all caps rant, besides, it's a bit late for all caps day LOL

06-21-11 05:16 AM
    I thought BGR had been a little too eager to promote negative RIM news and then he posted this crap. To me, this "report" is total BS and I am surprised that he even decided to go out of his way to post it. EVERY phone comes out released with bugs and RIM is no different than any other phone manufacturer and BGR damn well knows this. This post was a blatant low blow by him for some reason. What is his beef with RIM all of a sudden? It honestly seems like he has something personal against them. When iOS5 was announced he used the word "amazing" to describe it before they even announced the iMessage that day.
    06-21-11 07:51 AM
    I didn't think RIM had this kind of clout with carriers anymore especially the larger ones. I couldn't imagine RIM being in any position to push anything on Verizon who barely have any BlackBerrys traditionally.
    06-21-11 08:51 AM
    Now don't go insulting The Onion. Their articles are well written and much more entertaining to read.
    You are absolutely right. I do apologize to The Onion for the comparison. After posting that I came to the realizations that even The Onion might be closer to hitting the truth than B(S)GR. And the writing is definitely much better and entertaining at The Onion.
    06-21-11 09:22 AM
    Did anyone ever notice that the Bold 9650 has an app limit built into the OS? Once that limit is reached, usually at about 160 to 180 mb file free, the thing becomes unstable or the latest app will just not open and give you a java error! So much for 512 mb of ram huh?

Just thought of that considering we're talking about a report about half baked blackberries here... I'm just sayin
    I wouldn't call that a half baked blackberry when it's a required feature. Here is how Bla1ze explained it to me when discussing the difference between the 9650 and 9700.

CDMA devices need more RAM in order to function, always have. ........... It's there to make up the overhead CDMA devices have due to the processor.
    06-21-11 09:44 AM
    I wouldn't call that a half baked blackberry when it's a required feature. Here is how Bla1ze explained it to me when discussing the difference between the 9650 and 9700.
    Maybe that's the same sort of reason 9700 needed more processor, to help chug along on a crappy GSM network.
    06-21-11 09:48 AM
    Maybe that's the same sort of reason 9700 needed more processor, to help chug along on a crappy GSM network.
    Maybe, but I'm not sure more processor speed would help with spotty connections caused by an overloaded network.
    06-21-11 10:13 AM
121 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD