03-25-11 10:54 AM
115 ... 345
tools
    lol it should get to be a better toy real soon though
    03-23-11 09:12 AM
    Slight irony that pretty much all of those apps you list are also on the blackberry.
    You could call it Irony, or you could call it your failure to see that I was highlighting that I can get what I want from a BB. You decide.

iPhones, as a device are better overall, in my opinion, but for my needs and purposes I am asking you to convince me that a BB is better for me. I think getting an iPod touch and using a BlackBerry as my mobile phone would be ideal for me.

Search Google for an online thesaurus - I suggest you revise 'Irony'.

Hope this makes you feel the need to put another smerky responce.
    Last edited by wils14; 03-23-11 at 09:55 AM.
    03-23-11 09:49 AM
    You could call it Irony, or you could call it your failure to see that I was highlighting that I can get what I want from a BB. You decide.

iPhones, as a device are better overall, in my opinion, but for my needs and purposes I am asking you to convince me that a BB is better for me. I think getting an iPod touch and using a BlackBerry as my mobile phone would be ideal for me.

Search Google for an online thesaurus - I suggest you revise 'Irony'.

Hope this makes you feel the need to put another smerky responce.
    response*

and why get an ipod when there is a music player on bbs??
    03-23-11 10:27 AM
    response*

My main, outstanding issue is battery life. I use my iPhone for too may things. If my music player was seperate it would elimate this issue.
    03-23-11 10:38 AM
    My main, outstanding issue is battery life. I use my iPhone for too may things. If my music player was seperate it would elimate this issue.
    What all do you use your phone for? (not being cheeky, just actually curious.)

What do you mean separate?
    03-23-11 10:40 AM
    Wils14 means if he had a separate iPod or other music player and wasn't using the iPhone for music. Right?
    03-23-11 01:26 PM
    lol it should get to be a better toy real soon though
    Not based on the specs of the devices they have leaked, and portrait qwerty non-sliders almost always make terrible toys except for word or simple puzzle games.

Especially when it's a 3.2" VGA resolution screen...

The bolds today suck, the bolds of tomorrow will suck just as much.

Maybe the new torch and storm will be better, if any developers bother to port their apps to it. We all know how crappy it is to develop for Blackberry, especially when you realize that the large majority of BB users will be using older devices, so it's not like there will really be much money to make there - and you'll have to report your apps AGAIN when they release the QNX BBs in 2012...

Targetting OS 6.x seems like a waste of time right now...
    Last edited by N8ter; 03-24-11 at 09:52 AM.
    03-24-11 09:47 AM
    response*

Because an iPod Touch can run all the apps and games that an iPhone can with few exceptions?

Oh, and the media players and sync capabilities are superior to a Blackberry, not to mention it actually support Exchange ActiveSync and can be tethered wirelessly to a better smartphone like an Android or even an iPhone (though iPhone/iTouch is redundant unless you're a battery life freak, sort of like ZuneHD and Windows Phone)...

iTouch also has tons of NAND space which is superior to SD cards in speed and reliability.
    03-24-11 09:50 AM
    After reading this I still love my iPhone too much to get rid of it. I want a BlackBerry for BBM and nothing else. I refuse to buy an iPhone 4 it's such a minor difference in terms of usability and there is nothing exclusive to 4, apart from retina display which makes no difference to me.

Confused still, holding out hope that BBM comes ot the iPhone, but the point remains, maybe a terrible business move for Apple!
    03-24-11 11:04 AM
    Not based on the specs of the devices they have leaked, and portrait qwerty non-sliders almost always make terrible toys except for word or simple puzzle games.

Especially when it's a 3.2" VGA resolution screen...

The bolds today suck, the bolds of tomorrow will suck just as much.

Maybe the new torch and storm will be better, if any developers bother to port their apps to it. We all know how crappy it is to develop for Blackberry, especially when you realize that the large majority of BB users will be using older devices, so it's not like there will really be much money to make there - and you'll have to report your apps AGAIN when they release the QNX BBs in 2012...

Targetting OS 6.x seems like a waste of time right now...
    i agree once QNX comes to handhelds and probably not before then really.
    03-24-11 11:44 AM
    Yeah I think RIM needed to being 6.1 to market and then announce tablet OS. After seeing the playbook and QNX, 6.1 seems like a waste of time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 12:13 PM
    Having bbm on other platforms is great for RIM...they are building the only mobile platform with universal reach and without arguing the best os....

If RIM wants to affirm it's self as the furthest reaching and most prominent social device..it needs to have limitless reach...hence why it's critical to be multi-platform

Argue the matter of user base moving to other platforms...but as a RIM customer...it just shows just how confident they are with they're future

03-24-11 09:57 PM
    confused between new BBM6 and LiveProfile
    03-24-11 10:46 PM
    Having bbm on other platforms is great for RIM...they are building the only mobile platform with universal reach and without arguing the best os....

If RIM wants to affirm it's self as the furthest reaching and most prominent social device..it needs to have limitless reach...hence why it's critical to be multi-platform

Argue the matter of user base moving to other platforms...but as a RIM customer...it just shows just how confident they are with they're future

Ummm... The only good thing they did was update their facebook application and add Facebook chat into it. That, IMO, is more useful than a BBM for Android and iOS. They should have done that a long time ago, IMO. Why would I (or anyone I personally know) download yet another chat client when we can now tell our BB-using friends to just use Facebook chat. 99% of them have it, and I think that's a fair assumption since you're talking about how they're being "all social and stuff."

You're assuming people will run to download BBM when they have no use for it just cause... Not everyone will want yet another chat client running in the background on their phones. I sure as **** won't.

And knowing RIM, they won't even utilize the platforms' native push notification solutions, so the BBM app will likely drain factorably more battery than i.e. Google Talk or Trillian on Android.

What RIM needed was better phones, and they needed them [early] last year. A 3.5" WVGA Slider with a decent on-screen keyboard (not the catastrophe in the Storm/Torch) and a 5MP camera with a 1st Gen 1GHz Snapdraon, OpenGL Support, 2GB App Memory, 512 RAM, and SD card being released instead of the Torch would have been a huge winner for them. Basically, they need to stop being cheap and living in last gen-land...

QNX may be good, but the hardware will be meh by the time they get them to market.

I always look at it this way. Unless an OS is fundamentally broken (full of bugs with no support, looks like it's made up of ascii graphics like Symbian, etc.), then it's something I can grow accustomed to and it's not a big issue. The bigger issues with Blackberries isn't really the OS. It's the hardware. The phones themselves are just bad compared to competing devices, even some mid-range Android devices that cost almost half the price of a Bold/Torch blow it out of the water.
    wils14 likes this.
    03-25-11 07:40 AM
    I can't wait for this to happen!!
    03-25-11 10:54 AM
115 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD