ok i think i was selected for it i was able to download it and on my email (not from my phone actually checking) i was sent a long number/symbol/letters and it says once it reach my phone bbm will pick it up automatically the issue is i can't even get the message sent to my bb for some reason wtf is going on or does it really take a long time.
    06-18-10 10:45 PM
    BBM will not automatically pick it up. You have to manually enter it, OT if you send it to an email on your BB you can just copy and paste it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 11:02 PM
    BBM will not automatically pick it up. You have to manually enter it, OT if you send it to an email on your BB you can just copy and paste it.

so now i'm not sure if it's even the right pin this was a loooooooooooong number/letter/symbol type thing
    06-18-10 11:11 PM
    Yup that's it. Looks like someone typed it with their forehead. After you download and install the new BBM and run it the first time, you'll have the user agreement come up. Just above the agree and don't agree buttons is a space marked keycode. That's where you paste or type that ridiculously long keycode.

06-18-10 11:16 PM
    Yup that's it. Looks like someone typed it with their forehead. After you download and install the new BBM and run it the first time, you'll have the user agreement come up. Just above the agree and don't agree buttons is a space marked keycode. That's where you paste or type that ridiculously long keycode.

i tried to copie and paste but when i hit accept nothing happen
    06-18-10 11:19 PM
    Make sure you copied all the characters, including the "=" at the end, but make sure you didn't add any spaced before or after.

06-18-10 11:37 PM
    yeah it should def work that sounds like the code your looking for
    06-18-10 11:41 PM
    If you are having issues with the beta BBM, you probably would want to email the Beta Info Mailbox, instead of speak about it in public forum. The thing you click that you agree to, yeah, it says you won't do just this.

Email them requesting a new key for the beta BBM, along with your PIN and they will generate and send you a functional key.
    06-18-10 11:42 PM
    it said also if it wiil not work copy and paste then delete the last two numbers or letters the put them in yourself and it should work . worked for me
    06-19-10 10:20 AM
    Guys, this is the WRONG place for this discussion.

Last edited by jhimmel; 06-19-10 at 11:40 AM.
    06-19-10 11:38 AM
    very much so. Take this to the beta Forums at RIM Beta.
    06-19-10 11:54 AM
    Yes, but the BBM beta is now a public beta.
    06-19-10 12:08 PM
    No its not. Read the terms you agree to when you download it.

06-19-10 01:17 PM
    No its not. Read the terms you agree to when you download it.

Oh get over it, it is a PUBLIC beta that ANYONE can sign up for. The guy was looking for a simple answer to a simple problem. He didn't violate the TOS by asking how to input his key. If RIM truly wants to keep these things private they would not release them to the general public.
    06-19-10 02:54 PM
    BBM beta! BBM beta! Keycode! Keycode! Beta beta beta beta!

Did I just violate the TOS? Oops. Get over it. No one is sharing secret information or discussing the app itself. We are talking about how to sign up for it and enter the key code. Take the stick out already.

06-19-10 03:27 PM
    Look, I want them to continue to open up betas to all registered beta zone members without fear that people will bring the discussion to the public forums. The users agreed to only discuss the products made available from the beta zone IN the beta zone. That seems simple enough. If the OP had difficulty, why not ask the questions in the place that was set up for that purpose?

But, whatever... Stick removed.. Have fun.

06-19-10 04:02 PM
    what is so special about the new bbm? are there many improvements. I am a registered tester but i didn't download it yet. Is it worth it?
    06-19-10 05:10 PM
    what is so special about the new bbm? are there many improvements. I am a registered tester but i didn't download it yet. Is it worth it?
    Check it out!! It's pretty cool and some of the new feature are definitely worth the d/l. IMHO anyway....
    06-19-10 05:15 PM
    I requested my beta version and a key code about 2 hours ago. Still have not gotten anything from them. How long does it take to get the key code?
    06-19-10 07:29 PM
    I requested my beta version and a key code about 2 hours ago. Still have not gotten anything from them. How long does it take to get the key code?
    I have been waiting about 24 hours now. They say up to 48 hours so I'll wait until tomorrow to contact them if I don't receive it by then.
    06-19-10 07:57 PM
    I've been having issues just getting this damn thing to download OTA. I keep agreeing to the terms blah blah and then get to the download link but the browser keeps recycling back to the log-in page. Did this about 6-8 times before I gave up on it (OTA, at lease).
    06-19-10 08:05 PM
    I will agree with jhimmel that we should not discuss specifics about the beta, such as specific changes, updates, etc, so I won't tell you what's different or new about it. Just try it out for yourself. If you're really interested in beta testing anything, then you don't even have to ask "is it worth it?". Its ALWAYS worth it!

I actually lost my code when I got invites to participate and they sent me a new one in about 48 hours after requesting it, so I would assume it would be no different when you sign up now.

06-19-10 08:42 PM
    I will agree with jhimmel that we should not discuss specifics about the beta, such as specific changes, updates, etc, so I won't tell you what's different or new about it. Just try it out for yourself. If you're really interested in beta testing anything, then you don't even have to ask "is it worth it?". Its ALWAYS worth it!

I actually lost my code when I got invites to participate and they sent me a new one in about 48 hours after requesting it, so I would assume it would be no different when you sign up now.

+1 on this... Keep in mind that this is a holiday weekend and while they say it can take up to 48 hours I would be willing to bet that is probably closer to 48 business hours. Be patient at least through Tuesday is you requested the code this weekend.
    06-19-10 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD