The past few times that I have had a warranty replacement 9700, I have done a Switch Devize Wizard which doesn't fully work. Usually, I am upgraded to the latest leaked OS and I just do a SDW, but on the new phone when I try to bbm someone it asks to re-invite the contact. However, I did a SDW for my mom's phone and her bbm worked correctly just as its supposed to. I had this problem again last night - I upgraded the new 9700 to 6.0.0.418, and tried the SDW with 6.0.0.380 on the older 9700. This produced the same problem with re-inviting contacts.

So what is the best way to do this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 02:49 PM
    Best way to make sure your BBM contacts and groups get carried over to the new OS/device is to do a remote and local backup of them. To do this, go into BBM > Options > Click "Back Up" and do both local and remote backups.
    12-14-10 02:58 PM
    I've done that, both options - and yet this problems still happens. Is thee no solution that will have it work on the new phone right when you turn on the new device?

12-14-10 03:01 PM
    I've done that, both options - and yet this problems still happens. Is thee no solution that will have it work on the new phone right when you turn on the new device?

Desktop manager works best for switching devices and moving data/apps to a new device. If needed, reload the OS software and bbm should work fine. I had to on a few occasions.

12-14-10 05:24 PM
    Clearly DM is the best for SDW because I think it's the only choice anyway, is it not?

Let me be a little more clear. When I do the SDW, I get all my BBM contacts, but I get no groups transfered over. Then, when I try and bbm someone on my list, it will ask to re-invite the contact, even though all 100+ contacts are all there.
    12-15-10 12:13 AM
    I think that's normal because with the new device you have a new pin.
    12-15-10 12:23 AM
    Yes, there is a new pin, but in the past I have done a SDW, and it would change my pin in other people's phones to the new pin I have been given. This for some reason doesn't work anymore for me, even though it worked for my mom last week. So no, my problem is not a normal problem. What I'm trying to avoid is re-inviting over 100 contacts.
    12-15-10 12:25 AM
    Hmm, I can't imagine how that could be but it's pretty cool if/when it works then. LOL! I've never even heard of this SDW thing before, but I'm new to BB. In the instance of your mother's phone, did she actually get a new device, or did you use the program on the same phone with a wipe, just to see if it'd work.
    12-15-10 12:28 AM
    New device.
    12-15-10 12:35 AM
    Its software man, jus try it again. That's all I got for ya.

12-15-10 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD