Hi guys,

Using RIM's 2.5.32 MSN application but I really find it awful, it keeps dropping out, showing others as online when they are not, loosing connection without telling me, not holding options and even uses a different name that what is being displayed!

Only app that is giving me so many issues and it's one of the main reasons why I bought my BlackBerry.

Is there a more up to date version or a better free 3rd party option?

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Laurence
    05-01-10 12:53 PM
    There's a few third party ones, IM+, BeeJive (I think?) and 1 other one..I can't remember it though, someone else will post it.

Why would you buy a BlackBerry mainly for MSN? Every smartphone (and a LOT of dumbphones) have it..

That's like buying a huge tanker just because you wanted a boat.

By the way, as far as the name thing, it loads whatever your hotmail name is. ie, on my computer, my MSN screen name is "GlitchZero", but my hotmail "name" is FN: "Glitch" LN: "Zero" on MSN4BB it will show "Glitch" as my screen name. So that might explain your name display thing.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 05-01-10 at 02:20 PM.
    05-01-10 02:17 PM
    There's a few third party ones, IM+, BeeJive (I think?) and 1 other one..I can't remember it though, someone else will post it.

Why would you buy a BlackBerry mainly for MSN? Every smartphone (and a LOT of dumbphones) have it..

That's like buying a huge tanker just because you wanted a boat.

BTW as far as the name thing, it loads whatever your hotmail name is. ie, on my computer, my MSN screen name is "GlitchZero", but my hotmail "name" is FN: "Glitch" LN: "Zero" on MSN4BB it will show "Glitch" as my screen name. So that might explain your name display thing.
    Haha, yeah I know, well not mainly so much, along with other things. I'm 100% happy with it still as I know it can be fixed later on by an upgrade.

I think all those apps you have to pay for, I am not a fan at all of paying for software really and normally freeware (I guess not under these circumstances) is better.

As for the name thing yes indeed, but I set my accounts all to not share information between them. What's more annoying is it didn't tell me, it just said it was "Laurence", even under options and in chat, it wasn't until someone told me it was, then I had to log into my computer just to change what was on the BlackBerry!!!! (it was set to my email)
    05-01-10 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD