01-27-11 04:42 PM
34 12
tools
    The podcasters professed taking exception with the fact that the pb will have to be tethered to use bbm... Anybody else have a problem with this? Just curious.

I don't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 02:43 PM
    The podcasters professed taking exception with the fact that the pb will have to be tethered to use bbm... Anybody else have a problem with this? Just curious.

I don't.

I have never used bbm, don't even know what it is, as a matter of fact, so i guess it's no problem for me. Unless I use it and don't know I am.
    01-26-11 03:07 PM
    Bbm=blackberry messenger

01-26-11 03:09 PM
    Does BBM go towards data usage?

I really don't see the point of BBM anymore when you can use skype,msn message, yahoo and others that will allow you to converse with friends who don't have BBM.

Care to give me a quick run down why it stands out? I'm curious. I've seen it but don't know what sets it apart
    01-26-11 03:26 PM
    BBM would be data but its extremely small usage
    01-26-11 03:29 PM
    Less than the other IM clients?
    01-26-11 03:31 PM
    lol i dont know....we are talking VERY small usage, probably bytes, not KBs worth
    01-26-11 03:33 PM
    I think the appeal of BBM is that it is exclusive to blackberry. Part of our "club" or what have you. You cannot even get on a PC and use bbm the way you can the others. You must be using a blackberry. I think its pretty cool conceptually.

01-26-11 04:00 PM
    I think the appeal of BBM is that it is exclusive to blackberry. Part of our "club" or what have you. You cannot even get on a PC and use bbm the way you can the others. You must be using a blackberry. I think its pretty cool conceptually.

Well I guess I definitely don't have a problem with it because I've never used it and I've had BBs for years.
    01-26-11 04:19 PM
    Well, the appeal to me, over SMS, is that I can see when the message has been read. If I send a message to a colleague, I don't need them to respond to know if they saw it yet. I also like that it lets you know when the other party is typing. It's also great for exchanging contacts. Like when someone asks me for the number of one of my subcontractors, if they use a BB, I can BBM the contact and all the info goes into their BB Contact list. It has a lot of nice little features that add up to a very good instant messenger.
    Kerms likes this.
    01-26-11 04:23 PM

I don't.

i don't, i like the ability to not have two separate devices with my accounts to run BBM. and its on a bigger screen yayyyyy
    01-26-11 04:33 PM
    Well, the appeal to me, over SMS, is that I can see when the message has been read. If I send a message to a colleague, I don't need them to respond to know if they saw it yet. I also like that it lets you know when the other party is typing. It's also great for exchanging contacts. Like when someone asks me for the number of one of my subcontractors, if they use a BB, I can BBM the contact and all the info goes into their BB Contact list. It has a lot of nice little features that add up to a very good instant messenger.
    Thanks. I could see where some people would like to know a message has been read and they are typing back to you, although BBM sounds like I wouldn't be able to use the old I didn't get your message excuse
    01-26-11 04:40 PM
    Thanks. I could see where some people would like to know a message has been read and they are typing back to you, although BBM sounds like I wouldn't be able to use the old I didn't get your message excuse
    True that, Daps.. Guess there's always a down side..
    01-26-11 04:48 PM
    lol i dont know....we are talking VERY small usage, probably bytes, not KBs worth
    i know this is very off topic, but this weekend i plan on "downgrading" to .517 from .1015 because you say it's the best and people still agree. is that still the same? does .517 have the skinny reboot bar?
    01-26-11 04:58 PM
    True that, Daps.. Guess there's always a down side..
    There are ways to read bbm messages without the sender seeing that it's been read, even if it's several lines of text
    01-26-11 04:59 PM
    i know this is very off topic, but this weekend i plan on "downgrading" to .517 from .1015 because you say it's the best and people still agree. is that still the same? does .517 have the skinny reboot bar?
    i honestly dont recall. I was thinking that was for releases that came out of east asia. I will take note next time i boot it up
    01-26-11 05:14 PM
    i honestly dont recall. I was thinking that was for releases that came out of east asia. I will take note next time i boot it up
    it doesnt oh well. im just hoping it cures my wifi problems
    01-26-11 05:33 PM
    There are ways to read bbm messages without the sender seeing that it's been read, even if it's several lines of text
    Oh please, please. Do tell

01-26-11 10:03 PM
    I'm always amazed at the number of people that cover BlackBerry who seem to not understand that a device needs a PIN to use PIN-based features. Once they put a wide-area radio in the PB it will have these native features. This shouldn't be so hard to understand.

And BBM is extremely popular, so if you aren't using it, just recognize that tens of millions do. And they know why it's useful. A native to the platform messaging client that has greater and easier functionality than third-party applications. It's been proven as a driving force in BB adoption in Latin America and the UK for two examples.
    01-26-11 10:19 PM
    I'm always amazed at the number of people that cover BlackBerry who seem to not understand that a device needs a PIN to use PIN-based features. Once they put a wide-area radio in the PB it will have these native features. This shouldn't be so hard to understand.

And BBM is extremely popular, so if you aren't using it, just recognize that tens of millions do. And they know why it's useful. A native to the platform messaging client that has greater and easier functionality than third-party applications. It's been proven as a driving force in BB adoption in Latin America and the UK for two examples.
    I have had BB's for years and have never used BBM. Have always used AIM which works on any phone or computer, therefore never a problem communicating. I only have one friend out of many that even has a BB. They all have Iphones or Android based devices. So I guess it is a good thing I never got into the BBM mode. If I was interested in the PB, which I'm not, it wouldn't matter one way or the other. Wi-fi only will be just fine for me, PIN or not.
    01-26-11 10:40 PM
    If I was interested in the PB, which I'm not, it wouldn't matter one way or the other. Wi-fi only will be just fine for me, PIN or not.
    I don't understand your logic.... First, if your not interested in the playbook, why are you even in the playbook forum. Second, why do you feel the need to post in all kinds of threads about the playbook your not interested in, and end your posts with some form of saying "I don't care about the playbook"? Is it that important for everyone to know that you are not interested in it? Should I write that fact down? grncherry1 isn't interested in the playbook... Maybe I should forget about it too.... It can't be any good if it doesn't appeal to grncherry1.

01-27-11 12:07 AM
    I have had BB's for years and have never used BBM. Have always used AIM which works on any phone or computer, therefore never a problem communicating. I only have one friend out of many that even has a BB. They all have Iphones or Android based devices. So I guess it is a good thing I never got into the BBM mode. If I was interested in the PB, which I'm not, it wouldn't matter one way or the other. Wi-fi only will be just fine for me, PIN or not.
    You have repeatedly said that you are not at all interested in the PlayBook, so why do you spend so much time posting in a PlayBook forum? Is your life THAT void of purpose? Do you honestly not have anything else to do besides discuss something you admittedly have no interest in?

I'm not interested in ballet. Should I start posting daily in a ballet forums? Do you do that? I'm sure your not interested in a lot of things. Do you post constantly about those subjects too?

Life is short man, you could be using this time to talk about something you actually are interested in.

It amazes me just how bored some of the people most be on this site.

01-27-11 12:09 AM
    You have repeatedly said that you are not at all interested in the PlayBook, so why do you spend so much time posting in a PlayBook forum? Is your life THAT void of purpose? Do you honestly not have anything else to do besides discuss something you admittedly have no interest in?

I'm not interested in ballet. Should I start posting daily in a ballet forums? Do you do that? I'm sure your not interested in a lot of things. Do you post constantly about those subjects too?

Life is short man, you could be using this time to talk about something you actually are interested in.

It amazes me just how bored some of the people most be on this site.

Maybe, just maybe, something regarding the PB specs will change that may cause me to have interest in it. I happen to not be so closed minded to not give it a chance. Not all the info to date is final from all I've heard and read, so, that is the reason I still have an interest for your information. If you know all there is to know about it, why would you bore yourself with reading post about a subject you know everything about. Have a good evening and I hope you feel better.
    01-27-11 12:28 AM
    Not all the info to date is final from all I've heard and read, so, that is the reason I still have an interest for your information. If you know all there is to know about it, why would you bore yourself with reading post about a subject you know everything about.

Both of these points are very valid. Forums are to be used as a source of discussion and knowledge on subjects you are interested in. If you know everything, then share and share alike, but nobody knows everything (for example I don't know what is going through RIM's head when they are constantly bringing out phones today the competition brought out 10 years ago), so why not share what you do know, or discuss what you do know.
    01-27-11 01:19 AM
    Maybe, just maybe, something regarding the PB specs will change that may cause me to have interest in it. I happen to not be so closed minded to not give it a chance. Not all the info to date is final from all I've heard and read, so, that is the reason I still have an interest for your information. If you know all there is to know about it, why would you bore yourself with reading post about a subject you know everything about. Have a good evening and I hope you feel better.
    Just out of genuine curiosity, what specs would you like to see change? Side by side with the xoom, the pb has the best specs out there- the screen size being the only major difference. I guess what I am saying is is that if the playbook isn't up to snuff, are you just waiting for the tablet market to evolve and improve throughout? As of today, nothing has better specs in the tablet market.

01-27-11 06:36 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD