06-16-11 08:10 AM
42 12
tools
    I'm sure you've seen Bla1ze's blog showing Sprint's sku listing the BB Torch 9850 (montana) with a possible release date? 08/21/11. Pretty sure all four major US carriers will get the 9850, but Sprint does have a great $79.99 UL data, text, mobile to mobile plan. Somthing to consider.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-11 04:05 PM
    Everything I used to say "Yeah well my BB can do this and yours can't"... that list is dwindling big time.
    Oh no, you can't impress others! What a shame.

As someone else said, the 9800 is already "almost a year old." Almost a whole year old! Who could use such a clearly antiquated brick?

If the hardware...apps...the prestige, if you will...were that important, why are you still sticking around? If you want to stay with RIM, what's another few months?

Heck, I used a terrible phone for a month and had enough.
    What's gonna be our excuse when RIM decides to have more touch screen smartphones than smartphones with keyboards? I can imagine so many of us are gonna be PISSED
    By that time, touchscreens should have come a long way so I won't be too mad. Hopefully I won't even have to touch the phone 95% of the time
    Are there really not that many people aware that full touchscreen devices (including iPhone) have Qwerty keyboards too?

Semantics I know... but it's one of those little details that gets to me.
    Yes, physical or hardware keyboard would be a much better term
    06-14-11 05:45 PM
    Guys, RIM's stock price today just fell to its lowest level since October 2006. It's a sinking ship. Dead man walking.
    It is a great opportunity to make some money. I will buy a boat load at $30 and watch it double when all the new hardware comes out.

Dead man walking! LOL!
    06-14-11 06:28 PM
    It is a great opportunity to make some money. I will buy a boat load at $30 and watch it double when all the new hardware comes out.

Dead man walking! LOL!
    Ok I'm quoting you for truth. That's your prediction. Mine is that they'll continue to drop. RIM hasn't done anything of interest in a decade.

So in a couple of years we can revisit this thread and see who was right. If you were right and RIM's fantastic new hardware make its stock price "double," I'll gladly give you props. If not, and the stock drops further, I hope you'll do the same for me.
    06-14-11 06:43 PM
    It's an afterthought now, I went to the University of Waterloo, I know about 2 dozen RIM employees. They are phasing out QWERTY on all their flag ship phones and keeping it on their crappy phones... they even hint and poke at it publically:

I can tell you that its going to come in to the higher tier value propositions first. Itll probably come into an all-touch first, more than likely but I cant tell you timings specifically. But it looks marvelous!
    Regardless, leave my post there so in a few years I can quote it back to you guys.
    If you continue to troll like that you may not be here for long enough to quote anything.
    06-14-11 07:08 PM
    Lol at them phasing out our Bread and Butter.
    May have heard them all now....

06-14-11 07:33 PM
    Trolling is hijacking a topic or going of topic. Saying something you don't like does not make them a troll.

To the OP:

I too waited for the next BB touch screen after having both Storms. I did not come fast enough for me. I jumped ship and have no reason to look back. In fact there is virtually nothing you can quote your BB does that the others don't. Parity in most areas is far behind us. Physical keyboard are not even unique anymore with the Droid Pro.
    Last edited by dbw1000; 06-14-11 at 07:54 PM.
    06-14-11 07:51 PM
    Trolling is hijacking a topic or going of topic. Saying something you don't like does not make them a troll.
    Trolling is not hijacking a thread, unless the troll attempts to take numerous threads off topic. Some hijacks are just hijacks.

06-14-11 09:15 PM
    To the OP:

I too waited for the next BB touch screen after having both Storms. I did not come fast enough for me. I jumped ship and have no reason to look back. In fact there is virtually nothing you can quote your BB does that the others don't. Parity in most areas is far behind us. Physical keyboard are not even unique anymore with the Droid Pro.
    The Droid Pro is only available on Verizon and the keyboard is not in the same league as the BB Bolds. Then again, what phone keyboard is.
    06-14-11 09:30 PM
    The Droid Pro is only available on Verizon and the keyboard is not in the same league as the BB Bolds. Then again, what phone keyboard is.
    I would never go to Verizon, so their phone's keyboards don't interest me.

06-14-11 09:38 PM
    Yeah that thing is a joke. So is any landscape keyboard.
    06-14-11 09:51 PM
    Guys, RIM's stock price today just fell to its lowest level since October 2006. It's a sinking ship. Dead man walking.
    I agree with you... but however, I HOPE that RIM will pick up soon because I love the feel of RIM keyboard... OR at least someone like Microsoft should buy the RIM and keep the Bold 9900 keyboard factor in production. If not... I may have to commit suicide.
    06-14-11 10:31 PM
    Yeah that thing is a joke. So is any landscape keyboard.
    It is not a landscape keyboard. Know your phones before cracking on them!

I can tell you that we have converted more than 6 people in my office from Bolds to the Pro, and I have yet to have anyone say they dislike the keyboard or the phone. People are happy with it. I think the keyboard is quite comparable, and I am the person that says the first true Palm Treo is still the best keyboard I have ever had on a smartphone. Most of you have probably never tried it for any period of time, but cannot imagine someone can make a good keyboard like BB.
    06-15-11 07:09 AM
    It is not a landscape keyboard. Know your phones before cracking on them!

I can tell you that we have converted more than 6 people in my office from Bolds to the Pro, and I have yet to have anyone say they dislike the keyboard or the phone. People are happy with it. I think the keyboard is quite comparable, and I am the person that says the first true Palm Treo is still the best keyboard I have ever had on a smartphone. Most of you have probably never tried it for any period of time, but cannot imagine someone can make a good keyboard like BB.
    I didnt say it was a landscape keyboard. i was implying it as well as all landscape keyboards were inferior. Ive checked it out for sure.
    06-15-11 07:58 AM
    The whole market tanked. Apple actually suffered a slightly worse stock price drop as a percentage of its current price. Nothing to do with RIMM individually. In fact with RIMM being sued by Dolby I would have thought it would be worse for them.
    06-15-11 02:59 PM
    Guess nobody here has heard of the Motorola XPRT on Sprint (which is the Droid Pro equivalent)
    BGR gave it a pretty good review.
    06-16-11 07:52 AM
    Why one year phone is crap and of no interest to anyone? I have S2 and I'm happy.

And who cares if my phone can do something other phone can't? Are you 17 y.o. and need to show off? Then join the church of apple....

The share price of RIM has nothing to do with personal opinion of the phone so who cares if shares fly or die.
    06-16-11 08:10 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD