So I have a two part question. First part is this: is there a way to get my phone to allert me of all messages with a vibrate and a tone the first time and then not again until I check the message? And secondly: aren't my bbm alerts supposed to shut off when the phone goes into bedside mode? I don't think they are, is there a way to make sure the setting are correct for this?

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 07:15 PM
    If you want vibrate AND tone, you'll have to get BerryBuzz.
    01-10-10 07:37 PM
    So berrybuzz will give me both tone and vibe the first time and then nothing else afterward unless I have checked the message?

01-10-10 07:45 PM
    You do not need berrybuzz to set your alerts to vibrate and ring. Go into your alerts settings and set the vibrate with tone function to "on".

Visit this link for tips on setting up your alerts: http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-101-using-profiles-your-blackberry-smartphone

Last edited by gots2beme; 01-10-10 at 08:08 PM.
    01-10-10 08:02 PM
    I'm not so concerned with vibe and tone as I am with having the phone alert once and then be done till I check the messages. That and the entire second part of my original question too...

01-10-10 08:27 PM
    If you visit that link it will show you how to set up your alerts so they only notify you once or however you wanna set them up. As far as the bedside mode, you need to enter your clock options and check your bedside mode settings. There are options there to disable the radio so you won't receive any messages. Or you can disable the LED, or you can choose which profile to use in bedside mode. Hope this helps.

01-10-10 08:47 PM
    Got the bedside mode thing down. I didn't realize that disabling the "radio" stopped messages. So I switched that and we are good.

That demo didn't really show how to set up so that I was only alerted the first time. Am I missing something or do I in fact need berrybuzz to do that?

01-11-10 11:40 AM
    As far as I know BlackBerry's only alert you once anyway. Other than the LED continuously blinking, you only get one alert. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.
    01-11-10 12:02 PM
    On the page where you edit it it says "count" and that determines how many times it beeps or whatever, it only goes up to 3 times.
    01-11-10 12:06 PM
    As far as I know BlackBerry's only alert you once anyway. Other than the LED continuously blinking, you only get one alert. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.
    ok here's whats up. if my phone is on the homescreen and a bbm comes in it will tone/vibe to alert me. if i dont touch it and another one comes in it will tone/vibe to alert me again. BUT, if i go into bbm and am viewing a conversation and a message comes in the first time it will vibe/tone to alert me but if i dont do anything to it and another one comes in it will do nothing. but i have to be viewing the conversation already. that seems wierd to me.
    01-11-10 02:59 PM
    every new BBM will alert you unless you have the coversation open... that is the way it is!
    01-11-10 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD