I did the Verizon OS Update to my Tour 9630 last week. BDM keeps offering it to me when I plug the BB in. How do I get the BDM to stop trying to do an upgrade already done? Thanks.
    11-23-09 05:48 PM
    the OTA update is more of a patch, than a real true OS update. i would never update an OS OTA. you may have to reinstall properly using DM.
    11-24-09 12:47 AM
    Ooohh, then I'm soooo glad I read the forums here extensively before doing it. In all the stuff I read here at CB (I'm fairly new to BB) no one until right now said that one method was superior to the other. Do I just let BDM do it's thing and it will do a complete re-install? Thanks.
    11-24-09 06:53 AM
    i always manually download an OS and install it through DM. but then again, ive always ran non carrier released OS's and now im using the most recent beta 5.0 OS. my buddy with an at&t Bold did the wireless OTA OS update on his phone the other day from .297 to the newly released official at&t OS. OTA, it was a 3MB download. the whole OS downloaded from the net is over 100MB. so it has to be a patch, not a full OS upgrade.
    11-24-09 08:25 AM
    Well, I guess I'll do thru BDM next chance I get. BTW, I just noticed I got this in the wrong forum...sorry. Mods, could you move it to the BDM forum if possible? Thanks.
    11-24-09 10:45 AM
    Well, I told it to go ahead and it said none of them needed to be done....my kids used to play that game when they were little....I want, I don't want. So now when I start BDM and plug in my BB it doesn't offer the update anymore. Damned schizo device....should I have waited for a Droid?
    11-24-09 06:29 PM
    no way never!
    11-24-09 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD