I just got the Tour today, and for some reason, I can not get my BBM's to stop vibrating. I have my phone in the Vibrate profile, but changed my BBM messages to NOT vibrate, just show LED. Regardless of what I do, it will vibrate every time. Can anyone help?! Can I delete a profile?
    02-06-10 10:21 PM
    No need to delete any profile. BBM itself has a vibrate option enabled by default in Options. So you would have to check the vibrate option for both your regular phone profile and BBM Options.
    02-06-10 10:25 PM
    Er.. make sure you saved it? xD I do that, I just click end and not back to save.

Make sure you turned vibrate for new messages off and new alerts off?

Lastly, are you sure you did it in the write profile? xD
    02-06-10 10:27 PM
    I def saved it once I changed it. Where is there a BBM section in options? The reason I asked about deleting a profile, is bc i started making one, but now I want to delete it.
    02-06-10 10:54 PM
    It's in profile->advanced->"the profile you are using->messages, there's a setting for alerts, and new messages. You need to do it for the active profile. Deleting a custom profile is darn near impossible once created, just don't use it, or change it to suit your needs. In BBM, there is an option for vibrate, but that's just for ping.
    02-06-10 10:58 PM
    For some reason, I can't get into the advanced section of a profile. The only items I can change are in the change rings/tones. There must be a way for me to silent my BBM's!
    02-07-10 08:12 AM
    For some reason, I can't get into the advanced section of a profile. The only items I can change are in the change rings/tones. There must be a way for me to silent my BBM's!
    When you click on profiles, scroll to the bottom, that's where advanced is. Then you should be able to edit any profile, and any setting within.
    02-07-10 08:50 AM
    This might sound crazy, but my tour doesnt have this option. If I click on the top of my home screen, or the profile in the menu, all I have under the profiles is "Set ring Tones/Alerts" or "Set contact alerts" OR "custom Profiles"...no advanced option. My old 8900 does, but not this Tour.
    02-07-10 09:07 AM
    Well heck! It says 8110 Pearl in your profile, so I was giving you directions for that. Which OS are you using?

It should be in Set Tones/Alerts. You should have every profile listed there, then when you click the one you want to change, BBM is in Instant Messages.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 02-07-10 at 09:20 AM.
    02-07-10 09:16 AM
    Sorry, I am trying to configure a new Tour w/ OS 4.7. Under "set tones/Alerts", I did change my BBM Alert/Group/New Message to Volume = Silent, LED = ON, and Vibrate to OFF....BUT, vibrating will not stop.
    02-07-10 09:28 AM
    What do you have level 1 messages set for?
    02-07-10 09:33 AM
    Vol = Silent, LED = On, and Vib = On

Should that be off?
    02-07-10 09:39 AM
    Yeppers, that could be it right there.
    02-07-10 09:42 AM
    Nope...I shut vibrate off on every type of msg, but it still vibrates. gr....
    02-07-10 10:05 AM
    That's bloody crazy! And you're not even trying a funky OS. I'll point a Tour expert your way, but it will be later, he's on the left coast.
    02-07-10 10:07 AM
    That's bloody crazy! And you're not even trying a funky OS. I'll point a Tour expert your way, but it will be later, he's on the left coast.
    Left Coast Tour expert? Ha!
    02-07-10 10:10 AM
    Left Coast Tour expert? Ha!
    What are you doing silly man?
    02-07-10 10:12 AM
    Try making a custom ring tone profile from the icon on the home screen. Click it, scroll down to "Custom Profiles," make your changes, be sure to SAVE IT as you go and at the end SAVE the whole thing with your own ID name on it.

For some reason, using the options menu to make sound changes doesn't work with the Tour.
    02-07-10 10:21 AM
    What are you doing silly man?
    Poking around CB a bit before my next scheduled hiatus. I hope you are well, sir.
    02-07-10 10:21 AM
    I made a custom profile in the meantime...works well.
    02-07-10 11:55 AM
    If you are using BerryBuzz, Turn Repete Notifications or Reminder Alert to "Off" for each message service. I had the same type of problem. and this helped me.
    02-07-10 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD