I have enjoyed the threaded SMS - and enjoy it even more since BBM5 integrated it into its app where all my other conversations happen. What I don't like is that the "Contact Alerts" for Messages only work on SMS messages for contacts not linked in BBM. If I add an SMS contact to BBM, it uses the BBM alert (which makes sense) but there's no way I've found to set an exception for one contact for SMS (OR BBM messages) within BBM. I have about 5 work contacts that when I'm on call I need to be able to wake up when they send SMS - but I don't want that with the normal BBM or other "friends" when they send messages at 3am. What I've had to do is unlink all those important SMS people from BBM and not use it within the interface (which I don't like the feel of as well).

Has anyone figured out how to set message contact alerts to a specific contact and have SMS messages received into BBM use that alert profile? Also, is there yet a way in OS 5 to set a specific contact alert within BBM?

Running Curve 8900, 5.0.0.314
    BBM 5.0.0.33
    10-29-09 02:05 PM
    I am having the same issue with Verizon Storm 9530 with OS 5.0.0.328

I have yet to find the setting either.
    11-04-09 04:31 PM
    I have enjoyed the threaded SMS - and enjoy it even more since BBM5 integrated it into its app where all my other conversations happen. What I don't like is that the "Contact Alerts" for Messages only work on SMS messages for contacts not linked in BBM. If I add an SMS contact to BBM, it uses the BBM alert (which makes sense) but there's no way I've found to set an exception for one contact for SMS (OR BBM messages) within BBM. I have about 5 work contacts that when I'm on call I need to be able to wake up when they send SMS - but I don't want that with the normal BBM or other "friends" when they send messages at 3am. What I've had to do is unlink all those important SMS people from BBM and not use it within the interface (which I don't like the feel of as well).

Has anyone figured out how to set message contact alerts to a specific contact and have SMS messages received into BBM use that alert profile? Also, is there yet a way in OS 5 to set a specific contact alert within BBM?

Running Curve 8900, 5.0.0.314
    BBM 5.0.0.33

Me too! I find it VERY annoying.
    11-05-09 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD