I've tried downloading official bbm5 on my 8330m (twice from the blackberry site and once from app world) and every time I'd dl it and then try to open it I would get "Uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointerexception". I have the most recent os for this so I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and is it possible to get it working? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 02:31 AM
    I had a b!tch of.a time to get it to download onto my phone. What I ended up doing was I had to uninstall App World then reinstall it then download BBM5...pain in the @$$ but it worked...took about a half hour total to do. Hope this helps.

10-10-09 06:29 AM
    BlackBerry Messenger I had no problems at all with it.

10-10-09 08:20 AM
    I had the 'leak' for a while before it was released and no problems!
    10-10-09 08:52 AM
    I did an OTA from http://blackberry.com/messenger and it was quick and painless. It dl'd and installed in one easy step, all I had to do was agree to the terms, and allow it to overwrite the previous version. It took just a few minutes to complete.
    10-10-09 12:31 PM
    Yeah I did all that has been suggested already. Thanks anyways. I was hoping there was someone having the same prob as me. I guess I'm the only one tho. :/

10-10-09 01:40 PM
    I am having, it sounds like, the exact same problem. Please let me know anything you find out that may help. TY
    10-10-09 11:56 PM
    Nm

Last edited by Special_Opps; 10-11-09 at 09:52 AM.
    10-11-09 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD