Is anyone else experiencing this?

Instead of pics just being simply sent between 2 phones now the receiver has to accept it and actually download it to the pictures folder which takes a while. And if pictures are not accepted within about 10 min they expire or just sit at 0% downloaded.

Before the pic was just sent and the receiver can view it immediately and then choose to save it if they want. Why would RIM take a step backwards?

Does any body have a way around this?? EDIT: (besides going back to the old one lol)
    Last edited by Mr.Miagi; 10-14-09 at 10:14 AM. Reason: smartass protection
    10-14-09 10:13 AM
    and it has the nerve to expire if you don't download it within a certain amount of time...the most stupist thing EVER!!!
    10-14-09 10:49 AM
    You can do 'send picture' in the menu of a chat directly in BBM. I heard that at least... When I try it it goes soooooo sllllooowwww and I get too impatient to wait and the thumbnails never load for me to select one. But I did hear that way is like the old way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 11:02 AM
    You can do 'send picture' in the menu of a chat directly in BBM. I heard that at least... When I try it it goes soooooo sllllooowwww and I get too impatient to wait and the thumbnails never load for me to select one. But I did hear that way is like the old way.

LOL! He wasn't asking how to send pics, he's basically asking why the receiver must download the pic first before viewing as opposed to earlier versions letting the receiver preview the pic before downloading.

Honestly, it hasn't really affected me it all, I don't have a problem with downloading it first then viewing it, don't see what the big deal is. People are way too impatient these days.
    10-14-09 12:40 PM
    ...I don't have a problem with downloading it first then viewing it, don't see what the big deal is...
    Yeah, I don't necessarily have a problem with the methodology, per se. However, it's a PITA when, for whatever reason, you can't respond immediately and/or something else goes awry.

Example is when my son sent me a pic. I initiated the d/l within a minute or so. I got busy and only later noticed that the thing never did download, was sitting at 0%, and by then had expired.
    10-14-09 01:08 PM
    ...don't see what the big deal is. People are way too impatient these days.
    This really has nothing to do with impatience, at all. It has to do with practicality. The old system of viewing the picture and deciding whether or not to save it was fine and efficient. The new system is faulty and way inefficient. What if I don't want to download the picture that is being sent? Well, we must now go into our media and delete the photo. That "extra step" is actually quite a bit more "extra steps" that take up more time to do something that was previously done, or not done, quite simply.

To equate dislike of inefficiency with impatience is pretty foolish.

Back to the original post, the new system sucks. I've only been able to send a picture once without any problems. All the other times have resulted in failure.
    Last edited by johnnywoods; 10-14-09 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote
    10-14-09 01:23 PM
    Sending a picture from "send picture" in the menu in 5.0 does not send like the old bbm...I've tried everything.

10-14-09 02:45 PM
    Sending a picture using "send picture" sends it just like if you were sending a file.
    10-14-09 02:54 PM
    This really has nothing to do with impatience, at all. It has to do with practicality. The old system of viewing the picture and deciding whether or not to save it was fine and efficient. The new system is faulty and way inefficient. What if I don't want to download the picture that is being sent? Well, we must now go into our media and delete the photo. That "extra step" is actually quite a bit more "extra steps" that take up more time to do something that was previously done, or not done, quite simply.

To equate dislike of inefficiency with impatience is pretty foolish.

Back to the original post, the new system sucks. I've only been able to send a picture once without any problems. All the other times have resulted in failure.
    Never mind
    Last edited by Mr.Miagi; 10-14-09 at 02:59 PM. Reason: changed it
    10-14-09 02:54 PM
    Sending a picture using "send picture" sends it just like if you were sending a file.
    I Know!! Its soo annoying. Send file and send picture act the same way! Its very inconvenient and adds a lot of extra steps that are so unnecessary. The old way was instant. This new way reminds me of AIM 7 years ago.

So apparently there is no way around it. They NEED to fix this.
    10-14-09 02:57 PM
    Hey Mr. Miagi, I'm not sure how the quote got bungled. I simply pressed "quote" and deleted some of the writing. It's fixed. Sorry about the mix up.
    10-14-09 02:59 PM
    Honestly, it hasn't really affected me it all, I don't have a problem with downloading it first then viewing it, don't see what the big deal is. People are way too impatient these days.
    I think people have a problem with having to wait 5-10 minutes to view a picture when you used to be able to do it almost instantly.

My wife sent me two pictures yesterday and one took 6 minutes from the "Sent time" and the other took over 8 minutes. MAYBE if I could actually see the 'preview' picture it wouldn't be so bad.
    10-14-09 08:02 PM
    My G/F has a Rogers Curve 8320. When she tries to send me a pic (BB5) it asks me to accept. When I accept it, the picture does not send (Shows 0.0 kb sent). When i do the same from my Telus 8230 the file sends and receives.
    10-14-09 09:33 PM
    If you are using a media card try choosing to save the pic to your phone instead of the card. This has fixed the problem for me.
    10-14-09 10:55 PM
    If you are using a media card try choosing to save the pic to your phone instead of the card. This has fixed the problem for me.

Thanks. That seems like a goofy work around but it worked. From my flip I can send from the card though.
    10-15-09 08:59 AM
    My BBM 5 !
    It stops delievering the message.I have to reboot my phone for that.
    10-15-09 09:03 AM
    Thanks. That seems like a goofy work around but it worked. From my flip I can send from the card though.
    It is goofy, hopefully it will get fixed.
    10-15-09 12:10 PM
    My friend and I both just tried to send each other 400kb pics. We chose accept and it just sits at 0.0k.

Horrible. Time to downgrade.
    10-15-09 03:25 PM
    My friend and I both just tried to send each other 400kb pics. We chose accept and it just sits at 0.0k.

Horrible. Time to downgrade.
    If you are using memory cards just use the work-around.
    10-15-09 04:46 PM
    If you are using memory cards just use the work-around.
    Seems to have worked. Thanks.
    10-17-09 09:43 AM
    Damn... And I was contemplating ugrading my OS...

10-17-09 10:35 AM
    is everyone experiencing this issue on 4.x? obviously it's an issue, since so many are reporting it, but me and my friends/gf send pictures all day, when i've asked about this nobody has experienced it, but we're all on 5.0.
    10-17-09 01:24 PM
    This surly is a bug that needs to be fixed ASAP , I will try this work around hopefully it will solve the issue, I have problem with sending any type of file as it sits there at 0.00KB sent so maybe this workaround works for all file types too?
    10-17-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD