For BBM -

i deleted a friend from BBM and they said that they seen a yellow question mark and it said unconfirmed contact when i sent them a message and deleted them before they can respond.

can that happen if you send someone a message and it was only delivered but before they read it you delete them and when they open up their phone it shows a yellow question mark beside your name so they know that a message was sent and you deleted them.

Sorry that i sounds confusing....i just never heard of this before.
    07-10-10 04:33 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

Your explanation seems sound. The contact was there, message was sent, got to the server, contact was deleted (and that happens on both phones, over BIS), message is delivered, since contact is no longer there, shows as an unknown.

If I may... Why did you delete a friend from BBM?
    07-10-10 06:04 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

Your explanation seems sound. The contact was there, message was sent, got to the server, contact was deleted (and that happens on both phones, over BIS), message is delivered, since contact is no longer there, shows as an unknown.

+1

Very good explanation...

And maybe that contact was too annoying, HAHA! I hate people like that on BBM.
    07-10-10 06:06 PM
    +1

Very good explanation...

And maybe that contact was too annoying, HAHA! I hate people like that on BBM.
    Well, annoying people are one thing, friends are a whole new ball game. I have annoying friends and should they have BlackBerries (preaching, but they lack the faith, aka money), I woulnd make policies about how to contact me instead of deleting them.

Moral of story: Only add people you want in BBM.
    07-10-10 06:15 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

so that means if I have him as a contact on bbm and delete him before he reads my message that on his bbm it will show as unconfirmed contact and my message will still be there?

i tried it today with my girlfriend and my name and message that wasnt read only delivered on her bbm was wiped out totally after i deleted her.

he said that there was a yellow question mark beside my name or unconfirmed contact. i never seen a yellow question mark before.

so you know and are right...you should only have good friends on bbm and he wont be back on mine
    07-10-10 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD