One great thing about OS6 for me is the fact you can use BBM even when you don't have mobile phone reception. On my Bold 9700 UMA would kick in but to use BBM i would need network coverage. I've noticed with my Torch (on Orange UK) BBM will work even when I switch off my Radio. This is great for me as when i travel to my work **, they don't have great coverage there, but do have Wifi.

Also when do i know UMA is working on my Torch as ive yet to see the letters appear. However when i switch my radio off and Wifi is connected, when i look in service status. BIS is connected through Wifi, but this wont allow me to make phone calls? Cheers.
    09-30-10 09:26 AM
    Are you signed up for a talkspot plan? If not, than you can't use UMA..
    09-30-10 09:29 AM
    Erm, im not sure I have BIS on my talk plan and UMA worked in my 9700 before i lost it. The same sim is now in my Torch. In the UK Orange are the only carrier who support UMA. So im not sure about this Talkspot?

Also i just typed in UMA in the Universal Search and followed the help. It say that in Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options. There should be a Connection Preference option. On my Torch the only options in that menu are Data Services. While Roaming. Network Selection Mode & Network Mode.
    Last edited by aaronmck; 09-30-10 at 09:39 AM.
    09-30-10 09:33 AM
    BBM works over WIFI on OS 5.0 as well.....as long as u have a BIS/BES plan
    09-30-10 09:38 AM
    Yeah, BBM has always worked over Wi-Fi provided you had a BIS plan.
    09-30-10 10:54 AM
    I think you still need access to BIS correct?

There was a thread recently that e-mail does not work, if you are on Wifi and have radio turned off.
    10-02-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD