I just got a BB with BBM on it. Have the data plan. All my contacts are pending, and likewise when I request to add contacts/pins.

Wifi is on.

Advice?
    03-10-11 08:54 AM
    Maybe they have not accepted your request to be added to their BBM?
    03-10-11 11:03 AM
    Make sure that your data plan is a BLACKBERRY Data Plan and not a generic data plan.

Make sure that the data plan is ACTIVE with the carrier.

Make sure that the other people to whom you have sent requests also have an active BlackBerry Data Plan.
    03-10-11 12:03 PM
    yes to all: active data plan specific to blackberry. The "pending" status works on both ends, and I am unable to receive requests from other people.

Any other suggestions?
    03-10-11 12:23 PM
    Are you on EDGE or 3G, if 3G then next to the 3G symbol should be a small symbol (sortof 4 squares) which indicates that the phone is active with BIS (Blackberry Internet Service)

Alternatively,try this, go to menu>options>device>advanced system settings>Host routing table and try re-registering your device on the network
    03-10-11 12:47 PM
    try resending service books.
    03-10-11 09:37 PM
    Fyi, at times bbm pending take some time.
    But it shouldn't take more than half a day.

Few things you can try doing is, resend invitation, delete the bbm contact and re add them again. That usually fixes it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 04:35 AM
    Hey just check if your network status reads EDGE and not edge or GSM. If not then the plan is not activated yet. Alternatively did u do a battery pull after you got the services activated?? Coz if you dint, many chances are that the device has not picked up the service books. I don't see a reason for it to not work!! Hope you get it running soon!!
    03-11-11 07:32 AM
    BBM invites work in a slightly strange way. Only one invites the other. You cannot invite each other at the same time. If you have done that, that is your issue. You both need to decline the invite and one needs to invite the other.
    03-11-11 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD