I just bought the phone today, it is a 9300 curve, and when i add a contact on my bbm it puts them under the lable pending, and has this message beside their PIN "Waiting for Authorization". I am paying for data, and I have WiFi at home, could someone please help me?
    05-23-11 07:43 PM
    Just what it says - BBM contacts have to agree to be added to a contact list.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-23-11 08:31 PM
    do you have a Blackberry specific data plan or just a regular smarphone data plan. you NEED a BB data BIS plan in order for BBM to work.
    05-23-11 08:34 PM
    do you have a Blackberry specific data plan or just a regular smarphone data plan. you NEED a BB data BIS plan in order for BBM to work.
    Correct..

OP -> if you just bought the phone today, and didn't call your carrier to add a BIS plan, that is precisely why your bbm, and any data for that matter are/will not work...

you need a blackberry specific plan with a BIS account for the device, and native apps, and most third party apps, to work properly...

i know some carrier's offer "unlimited messaging" or something of the sorts, that should solve the bbm aspect...
    05-23-11 08:43 PM
    If you dont have a BIS service or the IM plan you cant use BBM yet. Since the phone is brand-new I think this will be the problem so you should call your carrier and tell them to activate the BIS or IM plan. The second part is that your contact you sent a request to is not accepting it.............
    05-24-11 06:32 AM
    I have a proper plan, MOST of my contacts work flawlessly, but 2 of them I used to have as contacts stopped working, and have been permanently stuck at "Pending" no matter how many times we delete contact and re-add one another.

I haven't found a solution to this that actually works, and I see forum posts with the Pending problem as old as 2007. No idea how to fix it. If this is your problem, good luck with it.
    05-24-11 04:49 PM
    Are you sure the contact you are trying to add is using the same pIN. If you are adding let's say, from the address book, and have not updated their PIN, perhaps you are trying to add a PIN that is no longer in use...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 04:54 PM
    do THEY have a BIS plan?
    05-24-11 04:58 PM
    do THEY have a BIS plan?
    That's also a great question.. Are they experiencing difficulties adding contacts / sending messages... ?

05-24-11 05:20 PM
    Just a quick note as emails are not being pushed to my BB, so this might be a RIM problem.
    05-24-11 06:33 PM
    Just a quick note as emails are not being pushed to my BB, so this might be a RIM problem.
    Send the updated service books, and then battery pull once they are recived

05-24-11 07:18 PM
    Send the updated service books, and then battery pull once they are recived

Strange in all my years of using BB's I never had to update the service books. Always a first!
    05-24-11 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD