Today my BBM (version 5.0.0) will not let me type to reply to a received message. The keyboard shows as well as the message above but when I type nothing happens or shows.

I thought maybe it was that I was choosing to reply using the custom icon on my homescreen for that person, but I can't type to any of my friends even when I open the BBM standard icon.

If there is a new version that I should be using can someone please post the link and which browser I should use to download it? I would think BlackBerry but I also have Firefox and of course IE.

07-18-10 10:49 PM
    I've never used a Storm, so I am not at all familiar with them.

However, when I experienced not being able to see what I was typing in BlackBerry Messenger, I did a battery pull. When my device rebooted, I was able to see what I was typing.

I would suggest that you try a battery pull. If that does not work, I am sure that Storm users will be around tomorrow to offer you better advice.

Here is the link to the latest BlackBerry Messenger. BlackBerry - BlackBerry Messenger €“ BBM an Instant Messaging App

You will want to use the BlackBerry browser to download BlackBerry Messenger.
    07-18-10 11:37 PM
    my friend lost his keypad on him Storm 2 in our group chat. reloading BBM worked for him.
    07-21-10 04:48 AM