At home I turn the radio off on my 9780 and turn on the wi-fi and go on the internet to not waste my data.
    While I do this I am still able to access bbm over wifi with the mobile network switched off.
    I'm going on vacation for a week in july and I was wondering if I would be able to use my bbm without being connected to whatever carriers are there and be charged for roaming.
    Would this be possible?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 11:24 PM
    yes you may.
    06-02-11 11:27 PM
    As long as you have a valid BB data package on your account you should be able to access your data services via WiFi with the cellular services shut off.

If you happen to travel the same prinicple applies. Just as long as you have valid access to a WiFi hotspot.
    06-03-11 11:54 AM
    This should be correct as for my own experience, I used the BBM over the Wi-Fi and it worked onced I had my carrier account paid.

I encountered it didn't work when my account went into suspension for none payment. Though I have a question if the phone is unlocked, would it work otherwise?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 03:14 PM
    No. It wont matter if the phone is unlocked or not. If your not current with your carrier then the BB data services are suspended.
    06-04-11 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD