10-09-11 11:53 AM
55 123
tools
    Mate, I am paying for my own data..., between me and my wife we pay 100 a month for our contracts, this is just a prepay sim that I got for one of my drivers that left in the mean time, I took the blackberry and sim card back from him and it was off for a few months, i then put it in my old 9700 and noticed it's still working. Now my 6 year old uses it to bbm me when he gets home from school, it's always connected to the wifi (very little orange signal in my house) and it's not using Orange data, it's using the wifi data I already pay for. The bis service would normally cost 5 a month..
    oh, sorry. I could have sworn you said...
    I have a pre pay sim from Orange UK that keeps working without paying

I got it when pre pay BIS came out and it's supposed to take 5 a month but it just keeps working, must be over a year now.
    I am no longer going to post here, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder regarding this issue, you are getting very personal and insulting.
    There is no chip on my shoulder at all. Just stating facts. That is something that you seem to have a problem with. Caught up in the mix it seems from your own statements.

You never answered my question about this "supposed" consumer law that you made up, or about whether a device needs data to utilize BBM. So, you think that because your signal is weak, you are not using data? Just curious. Is this what you would tell a newbie here? I also do not see where I'm getting personal without your asking. You asked me "What do you want me to do"?. I answered. Be a man. Own up to your own deeds. I would, can, and do... If you don't like my answers, don't ask the question, correct?

Also check your bill monthly please. It would have prevented your whole rant about the carriers. I'm sure carriers do not bill semi-annually regardless where in the world they are.

Seems fitting that you should not longer post here. Especially since you never took the time to try to address the OPs issue as to why his circumstances are as they are anyway.

I just can't respect people like you.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 10-09-11 at 10:00 AM.
    10-09-11 09:57 AM
    Just to answer your bbm question, when a blackberry is connected to a wifi network bis will go trough wifi, not the carrier's data, how do I know? I turned off the carrier network and just left wifi on, BBM works trough wifi, it's widely known by now.

And just to make it clear, I do have a business contract with Vodafone, my wife has a contract with Orange, we both pay in total around 100 a month, the Orange prepay card is a spare sim. I also pay for my wifi at home.

With that said, do your own searching (we also live in different countries) and goodbye.

Edit - regarding the shopping, I speak from experience, when my picked up a small toy at a Tesco shop in UK, and it had no price on it and scanning it didn't bring up anything they said they have to give it to me, and when a mate that owned a motorcycle shop had the wrong price on a one piece racing suit had to sell it at that price. He told me he has no choice, even if the price is online, they have to sell it at the advertised price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 10-09-11 at 10:13 AM.
    10-09-11 10:06 AM
    Just to answer your bbm question, when a blackberry is connected to a wifi network bis will go trough wifi, not the carrier's data, how do I know? I turned off the carrier network and just left wifi on, BBM works trough wifi, it's widely known by now.
    No. I never knew that BBM works over just WiFi. Because it doesn't!!!! You NEED data for it to work on WiFi. You just proved my point!!! You said it yourself!!! You are using a sim card for RIM data correct? Without paying for it correct? As stated early on in this thread, the carrier can either disable it, or have it activated for use. So, what are you saying??? lol
    And just to make it clear, I do have a business contract with Vodafone, my wife has a contract with Orange, we both pay in total around 100 a month, the Orange prepay card is a spare sim. I also pay for my wifi at home.
    Nice deflection. 2nd time you tried to inject this here, since your wife, her carrier, your currently used devices, were never an issue here. Weren't we talking about an old 9700 that is being used by your son for BBM? With RIM data you're not paying for?
    With that said, do your own searching (we also live in different countries) and goodbye.
    Don't let your mouth write checks that your a$$ can't cash! You made the statement, back it up! You have nothing to backup your statement whether there or here. Because there is no consumer law to that effect. Anywhere... It's all hot air.

That is the type of stuff that I cannot respect.

You said you would no longer post here. If so, why this last desperate attempt that makes no sense at all?
    10-09-11 10:26 AM
    Edit - regarding the shopping, I speak from experience, when my picked up a small toy at a Tesco shop in UK, and it had no price on it and scanning it didn't bring up anything they said they have to give it to me, and when a mate that owned a motorcycle shop had the wrong price on a one piece racing suit had to sell it at that price. He told me he has no choice, even if the price is online, they have to sell it at the advertised price.
    Oh, so now we have an edit to say that your "consumer law" was in fact imagined, and that this is NOW from personal experience.... LOL.

Not saying you didn't have/hear of these experiences, but just because a retail store placated you, or a friend has the same experience, does not mean it is a law. So, why state that it is? Just putting on that ole front game huh?

Oh, wait, you're caught on that one.

It seems there is always an explanation after the fact with you...
    10-09-11 10:32 AM
    Locked for moderation
    grahamf likes this.
    10-09-11 11:53 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD