10-09-11 10:53 AM
55 123
tools
    So, you're saying that there will never be a case where people would be forced into a contract, and the carrier pulls a stunt like, say, wiretapping...
    OK. I laughed you off at first as someone with NO real knowledge of ANY subject.
    Now your weirdness is scary.... You're all over the place with your posts...

Forced into a contract??? Wiretapping??? What magic hat did you pull this from??? Or, were you recently visited by "Puff the Magic Dragon"?
    I don't want to accuse, or call names here, so I will just plainly ask...
    Are you a Paranoid Schizophrenic? Are you supposed to take medication or something?

Schizophrenia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I asked you a simple question...
    Show me where in any real telecom agreement (not the one you think it should be in your imagination), where... "it's only a "mutual agreement" to the point that both parties agree that cellphones are increasingly becoming a primary necessity in life."???

Back up your wild statements, or stay out of the conversation. Pics or it didn't happen...

Anyway, Yes... Be careful! The telecom providers are after you! They are eavesdropping on you cellular line. Keep your aluminum foil hat on to prevent the extra death ray radiation from altering your brain waves. Because if they accomplish their goals, they will be sending the men in black to take you to their basement level interrogation room, where they will stick needles under your toenails until you divulge the top secret information imbedded in the Qualcomm chip in your brain. Remember-the code word is RIDICULOUS.

Back to reality...
    @the OP. I have no real answer as to why you're still able to use BBM, browse the internet, and use all of RIM's native apps. Especially with only "edge" and WIFI. For every application you mention a data plan is necessary. I believe the best answer is the easiest way to get to point B from point A. They just simply have not turned off your data services as of yet.
    10-09-11 02:59 AM
    Anyone who thinks cell phones are a "necessity" needs to spend some time in the real world. #justsayin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well I disagree, for a start I wouldn't have a business if there were no mobile phones. People's lives have been saved thanks to mobile phones to call for help. Like it or not they are a necessity just as much as radio, tv, sat nav(we have paper maps no?)

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-09-11 03:35 AM
    Well I disagree, for a start I wouldn't have a business if there were no mobile phones. People's lives have been saved thanks to mobile phones to call for help. Like it or not they are a necessity just as much as radio, tv, sat nav(we have paper maps no?)

Couldn't agree with you more. My business would be defunct without a smartphone/email capable phone. It's not a convenience to have a telephone anymore. Maybe to some, who also like to argue that my drivers license is a convenience (zero points btw)...no one can convince me otherwise. I can exist without both, however, they are a phukin necessity if I want to live in a house stocked with food for my kids. I doubt my kids would call having food and shelter a convenience. Feh, I shake my head at this argument. Why do you all argue such obviously subjective bull****?
    10-09-11 04:01 AM
    So you're stealing from your provider? do you not have morals?
    10-09-11 04:19 AM
    So you're stealing from your provider? do you not have morals?
    If you read one of my posts above, providers are stealing from us too, only when they do it it's called a "mistake"

Vodafone charged me 35 for a non-existent satnav service and they would've continued to do so if I wouldn't have questioned the 5 "monthly content package" charge on my bill. I almost thought that was the BBM Music charge.

If a carrier gives me something for free I'll take it and I'll sleep pretty well at night, thank you!
    mithrazor likes this.
    10-09-11 04:29 AM
    Cell phones are NOT a necessity whatsoever.
    A necessity is food, clothing, and shelter 82 percent of Americans own a cell phone. What are the other 18 percent doing? Dying? What about GrandMa who lives alone? What about my 5 year old just starting Kindergarten riding a bus alone? These people get along just fine without handheld devices.
    Woops, I stand corrected...5 year old kindergarten kids and 82 year old grandma's? I smell future politician here!
    These views aside, I am happy to see people like brad and everyone else here who waited patiently for the 99xx's. All this necessary/unecessary horse**** aside....we do have an awesome phone now, yes?
    10-09-11 05:46 AM
    Wow. People still continue to state that mobile phones are a necessity. Definitely shows me the maturity level (age group) were dealing with here. Everything mentioned here such as business prosperity, to saving of a life, is due to the convenience of having a mobile phone, not a necessity of having to have one. History goes back farther than the microwave.

Hmmm. I wonder what human beings did before radio, TV, sat navs, or business calls from a cellular device within a vehicle???

Answer: Maybe they read newspapers for world affairs, read books to learn, read from paper maps for directions, or actually sat at a desk and used a land line phone to make a business call

Woe-is-me generation. Lazy as a full bellied dog sleepin in the shade. I wonder what happens when there is a power outage? Everyone crawls in a corner, and whimpers to the data Gods for deliverance, instead of just lighting a candle?

You to client (whenever cell service is back up): I apologize sir, our power has went down, and I cannot retrieve the information on your balance.

Me to client (on an independently powered land line): I apologize sir, our power has went down, and I cannot retrieve that information on your balance right now; however, If you allow me to call you back in 10 minutes, I can have that for you after I check my files.

Just like computers, it's a convenience which enriches our lives.

I also cant see how someone has the nerve to be upset that they neglected their own responsibilities of checking their own bill in a timely fashion.

Funny how the same people who are up-in-arms about a carrier mistakenly charging a customer, refuse to have the same discontent with their own purposeful transgressions against that very same company.

If someone chooses to commit crimes by theft of services, why would they expect anything different from those whom associate with them or do business with them. Birds of a feather... Do unto others... You reap what you sow... etc...

Proud to steal... Just shows the content of some members character around here.
    10-09-11 05:47 AM
    Proud to steal... Just shows the content of some members character around here.
    I'm guessing you're referring to belfastdispatcher? I read his post. Seems he said his carrier overcharged him for 6 months and he caught it on the 7th. Seems they owe him no?
    I'm definitely not getting involved in another subjective argument like the necessity one, which is why this, as my previous post, will be the one and only regarding the matter....but you've got to leave personal morality out of these forums or you will find yourself talking about definitions of theft and what is a necessity in a thread about some kid who realized he was getting free bbm's and is asking why.
    Don't get so worked up. If I added up the money people owe me over the last 20 years, it would be a nice chunk of change. The world goes round and round, you steal one day, you get stolen from the next. Karma is a bish, everyone knows that. The older you get, the more it becomes apparent. You will learn this one day and that stick that is lodged so deeply inside your posterior will loosen (not losen) up and all will become crystal clear.
    Nobody will die if we all go back to living like cavemen, infact, I would love that. Alas, we don't have time machines and life isn't a movie or fairytale...its tough business and the strong survive. So we've got to stay focused right here in the year 2011. I'm not going to brow beat or call folks schizo's because they believe they're right. I wish I had the kind of time to exhange thoughts and ideas with people, I'm too busy being a squirrel trying to get a nut in a big city. This was fun though!
    Last edited by Mamaluka; 10-09-11 at 06:02 AM.
    10-09-11 05:59 AM
    If you read one of my posts above, providers are stealing from us too, only when they do it it's called a "mistake"
    2 wrongs make a right, huh? Oh I forgot... Theirs was an accounting error. Yours is blatant theft of services.
    Vodafone charged me 35 for a non-existent satnav service and they would've continued to do so if I wouldn't have questioned the 5 "monthly content package" charge on my bill. I almost thought that was the BBM Music charge.
    Why don't you check your own bill in a timely fashion??? Handle your business like an adult. How about if the mailman fails to deliver your electric bill to your house for 6 months? do you not pay your bill for that same period of time because you never received one? Grow up.
    If a carrier gives me something for free I'll take it and I'll sleep pretty well at night, thank you!
    Obviously they are not "giving" you anything, you are "accepting" & "taking" what isn't rightfully yours. Whether you want to take claim/ownership of it is besides the point. Not feeling like a criminal when you commit a crime of theft just shows the lack of moral stock in this world today.

What would you do when someone is walking down the street and dollar bills are falling out of their pocket for the next 10 miles?

You would probably walk 10 miles out of your way to pick up every single dollar.

Personally, I would walk up to the person and let him know. He would be grateful enough to probably give me the same amount you "bent over" for as a reward, and would have made a new friend. And, I wouldn't be 10 miles out of my way.
    10-09-11 06:01 AM
    Welp, you two obviously have some sort of prior personal issues. I'll leave you guys to hammer it out.
    10-09-11 06:03 AM
    I did notice that people are very concerned about what others are doing these days. That's got to mean something, and whatever it means it doesn't sit well with me. I'll go back to my blissful state of 'head buried in the sand'
    10-09-11 06:06 AM
    I'm guessing you're referring to belfastdispatcher? I read his post. Seems he said his carrier overcharged him for 6 months and he caught it on the 7th. Seems they owe him no?
    I'm definitely not getting involved in another subjective argument like the necessity one, which is why this, as my previous post, will be the one and only regarding the matter....but you've got to leave personal morality out of these forums or you will find yourself talking about definitions of theft and what is a necessity in a thread about some kid who realized he was getting free bbm's and is asking why.
    Don't get so worked up. If I added up the money people owe me over the last 20 years, it would be a nice chunk of change. The world goes round and round, you steal one day, you get stolen from the next. Karma is a bish, everyone knows that. The older you get, the more it becomes apparent. You will learn this one day and that stick that is lodged so deeply inside your posterior will loosen (not losen) up and all will become crystal clear.
    Nobody will die if we all go back to living like cavemen, infact, I would love that. Alas, we don't have time machines and life isn't a movie or fairytale...its tough business and the strong survive. So we've got to stay focused right here in the year 2011. I'm not going to brow beat or call folks schizo's because they believe they're right. I wish I had the kind of time to exhange thoughts and ideas with people, I'm too busy being a squirrel trying to get a nut in a big city. This was fun though!
    Wow, first of all it's impossible for me to pay them, even if I put credit on it they will not take it out and I don't have an option to pay them on the phone. Second, I can't call customer services since there is a charge for making the call, and I have no credit on the card.

And thirdly, if I did put credit on the card and called them at my expense to let them know about their mistake do you think they will refund the call charge? I think that's a big NO.

I found many phones and returned them, I found wallets and returned them, I went back to pay back when I was given wrong change. That is completely diferent.

10-09-11 06:10 AM
    Sorry, replied to the wrong post, sorry Mamaluka.

10-09-11 06:15 AM
    I'm guessing you're referring to belfastdispatcher?
    Yes, so what is this about???
    I read his post. Seems he said his carrier overcharged him for 6 months and he caught it on the 7th. Seems they owe him no?
    No. Since you read his posts, he clearly stated he rectified the matter in that amount of time due to his own negligence of not looking at his bill for 6 months. Since he was not charged ultimately, what give him the right to steal services from a carrier just because he didn't like the situation? The situation has been dealt with. Why an ongoing vendetta?
    I'm definitely not getting involved in another subjective argument like the necessity one...
    So why post at all then?
    but you've got to leave personal morality out of these forums.
    Not sure why. I've seen people banned by MODS for this type of theft behavior in the past. I want a MOD to see this and say that theft of services is what CrackBerry endorses when there is a discrepancy on your bill. Bet I won't see that. We don't want to pay a lot for applications either, but if I posted Warez application links all over and stated... Hey, the developers rip us off anyway, see what would happen. Also, word of advice... Theft of services is just that. If you don't pay for it, you're stealing. There is no way around it, Bro... Non-debatable.
    If I added up the money people owe me over the last 20 years, it would be a nice chunk of change. The world goes round and round, you steal one day, you get stolen from the next. Karma is a bish, everyone knows that. The older you get, the more it becomes apparent. You will learn this one day and that stick that is lodged so deeply inside your posterior will loosen (not losen) up and all will become crystal clear.
    Not worked up at all. Simply pointing out facts. Also, not sure what someone's debt to you has to do with anything here. I'm also quite sure I already mentioned Karma. But, I'm definitely not sure what the anal references mean. Whoa...
    Nobody will die if we all go back to living like cavemen...
    Going without a convenience is not living like Cavemen. That is the lazy "Me Generation" mentality I mentioned before. Also, this is not the topic at hand between us. If my car is in the shop, I take a bus. No big deal. I would not consider myself a caveman for doing so.
    I'm not going to brow beat or call folks schizo's because they believe they're right.
    You may believe that their theft of services is right. That does not mean you're right. I also never called anyone anything... Learn to read a post before commenting... I clearly stated... "I don't want to accuse, or call names here, so I will just plainly ask...". Seem like a simple question when someone brings up forced contracts and wiretapping in a data thread...
    I wish I had the kind of time to exhange thoughts and ideas with people, I'm too busy...
    Not too busy to pop in here though...
    Sheesh.
    The lack of moral integrity...
    10-09-11 06:31 AM
    Wow, first of all it's impossible for me to pay them, even if I put credit on it they will not take it out and I don't have an option to pay them on the phone. Second, I can't call customer services since there is a charge for making the call, and I have no credit on the card.

And thirdly, if I did put credit on the card and called them at my expense to let them know about their mistake do you think they will refund the call charge? I think that's a big NO.

I found many phones and returned them, I found wallets and returned them, I went back to pay back when I was given wrong change. That is completely diferent.

Theft of services is theft of services. Period.
    I might add you seem to have found many items of other's personal property. Normal?
    10-09-11 06:33 AM
    Yes, so what is this about???

No. Since you read his posts, he clearly stated he rectified the matter in that amount of time due to his own negligence of not looking at his bill for 6 months. Since he was not charged ultimately, what give him the right to steal services from a carrier just because he didn't like the situation? The situation has been dealt with. Why an ongoing vendetta?

So why post at all then?

Not sure why. I've seen people banned by MODS for this type of theft behavior in the past. I want a MOD to see this and say that theft of services is what CrackBerry endorses when there is a discrepancy on your bill. Bet I won't see that. We don't want to pay a lot for applications either, but if I posted Warez application links all over and stated... Hey, the developers rip us off anyway, see what would happen. Also, word of advice... Theft of services is just that. If you don't pay for it, you're stealing. There is no way around it, Bro... Non-debatable.

Not worked up at all. Simply pointing out facts. Also, not sure what someone's debt to you has to do with anything here. I'm also quite sure I already mentioned Karma. But, I'm definitely not sure what the anal references mean. Whoa...

Going without a convenience is not living like Cavemen. That is the lazy "Me Generation" mentality I mentioned before. Also, this is not the topic at hand between us. If my car is in the shop, I take a bus. No big deal. I would not consider myself a caveman for doing so.

You may believe that their theft of services is right. That does not mean you're right. I also never called anyone anything... Learn to read a post before commenting... I clearly stated... "I don't want to accuse, or call names here, so I will just plainly ask...". Seem like a simple question when someone brings up forced contracts and wiretapping in a data thread...

Not too busy to pop in here though...
    Sheesh.
    The lack of moral integrity...
    Dude, chill, read my post above, as I stand now I literally can't pay them, even if I wanted to, and I only use it on wifi anyway.

Also this is not my thread, somebody else is in the same situation.

10-09-11 06:35 AM
    Theft of services is theft of services. Period.
    I might add you seem to have found many items of other's personal property. Normal?
    I used to deliver pizzas for a living alright? At night people get home drunk and when they take their keys out to get in the house they drop their wallet or phone or both, and then they order pizza, I am actually quite offended by your comment.

10-09-11 06:38 AM
    I did notice that people are very concerned about what others are doing these days. That's got to mean something, and whatever it means it doesn't sit well with me.
    Yeah. I noticed that too...
    10-09-11 06:39 AM
    Dude, chill, read my post above, as I stand now I literally can't pay them, even if I wanted to, and I only use it on wifi anyway.
    It goes both ways on that Dude Chill thing... Except I am not doing anything wrong...
    I ready your post, and it says nothing about you being wrong for theft of services. You only perpetuate the fact that you continue to get away with it. You obviously don't care, but I don't respect that.
    Also this is not my thread, somebody else is in the same situation.
    I also noticed that you never addressed him and his issue as I did. You just want to show off how you are still using something illegally. The OP was just questioning how that could be.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 10-09-11 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Added quote
    10-09-11 06:44 AM
    I used to deliver pizzas for a living alright? At night people get home drunk and when they take their keys out to get in the house they drop their wallet or phone or both, and then they order pizza, I am actually quite offended by your comment.
    Oh, and no one else can be offended by you blatant theft of services that you parade here on CrackBerry??? I say, grow up again.
    10-09-11 06:46 AM
    Oh, and no one else can be offended by you blatant theft of services that you parade here on CrackBerry??? I say, grow up again.
    So what do you suggest I do? As I said this is not my main line, it's a prepay sim card with no credit on it, I can't call them, I can't pay them and I never asked for the service to be kept on. When I did have Orange as my main line for about 7 years and I did pay them thousands of pounds for a ****ty service that never improved at my house, the reason I moved to Vodafone UK. Say what you want but I don't fee guilty at all for this, it's their mistake and it's not theft,

It's the same as when you go to a shop and the item you want has the wrong price on it, they have to sell it to you at that price, and if it has no price on it and it's not in the till system you get it for free. That's not theft. It's consumer rights.

10-09-11 06:53 AM
    So what do you suggest I do?...
    Stand up like a man and say... Yeah, I'm stealing services!!!! Stop trying to hide behind a companies mistake. But, not to parade it in the forums like that is an example of conduct to follow. Because it is not...

Well, you kind of admit it when you stated they do it too. Must mean you are stealing also, correct?
    --------------
    Say what you want but I don't fee guilty at all for this, it's their mistake and it's not theft...
    Their mistake or not, it is indeed theft of services. You have been around here a long time, and you should know better.

It's the same as when you go to a shop and the item you want has the wrong price on it, they have to sell it to you at that price, and if it has no price on it and it's not in the till system you get it for free. That's not theft. It's consumer rights.
    Now you are adding your own little personal utopia into this. Show me where the consumer rights law states that. If this were the case, people would be scratching off price tags from everything in sight to get it free. But, wait, that point is moot now because we now have the "necessity" of a smartphone which can scan items now, correct? No need for price tags any longer.

Just to reiterate what you first stated...
    I have a pre pay sim from Orange UK that keeps working without paying

I got it when pre pay BIS came out and it's supposed to take 5 a month but it just keeps working, must be over a year now.

It's now in my old bold 9700 and my 6 year old is bbming me when he gets home from school
    and I only use it on wifi anyway....
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, I thought we needed DATA to use BBM? If this is indeed the case you are not using just WiFi, correct?

I can't respect that...
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 10-09-11 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Added WiFi quote...
    10-09-11 07:12 AM
    Stand up like a man and say... Yeah, I'm stealing services!!!! Stop trying to hide behind a companies mistake. But, not to parade it in the forums like that is an example of conduct to follow. Because it is not...

Well, you kind of admit it when you stated they do it too. Must mean you are stealing also, correct?

--------------

Their mistake or not, it is indeed theft of services. You have been around here a long time, and you should know better.

Now you are adding your own little personal utopia into this. Show me where the consumer rights law states that. If this were the case, people would be scratching off price tags from everything in sight to get it free. But, wait, that point is moot now because we now have the "necessity" of a smartphone which can scan items now, correct? No need for price tags any longer.

Just to reiterate what you first stated...

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I thought we needed DATA to use BBM? If this is indeed the case you are not using just WiFi, correct?

I can't respect that...
    Read again, I said if item has no price on it and it's not in the till system you get it for free.

And it's only used on wifi because it never leaves the house. And even if I never put the sim in a phone the bis will continue to be there, so I might as well use it.

If you don't mind I'll continue to look at it as a gift from Orange uk for my many years as a customer and I'll let you enjoy being the first stone thrower, you know, he without sin.

10-09-11 07:47 AM
    Read again, I said if item has no price on it and it's not in the till system you get it for free.
    Read it already. Please show me the consumer rights law that states your made up rule... No pic, didn't happen... Link please?
    And it's only used on wifi because it never leaves the house. And even if I never put the sim in a phone the bis will continue to be there, so I might as well use it.
    Well, again, don't we need DATA to use BBM? Or you don't know the answer to that? Seems to me that you have answered this question for many newbies here in the past, correct? And, since you now state "you might as well use it", I would tend to believe you ARE using it, correct? Makes sense? Stop trying to deflect.
    If you don't mind I'll continue to look at it as a gift from Orange uk for my many years as a customer and I'll let you enjoy being the first stone thrower, you know, he without sin.
    I'm actually not throwing stones here. You just keep glossing over what is being said here time and time again. If you read everything I stated, it is only facts. Using data from a carrier and not paying for it is theft of services. What do you think the rest of the world thinks when they are paying for their own data honestly with their hard earned money...

Hey, I never said to stop. I never said I personally would never do it myself if I had a chance. I said it is illegal...

I will continue to say that IF i was doing it, I would stand up like MAN and say h3ll yeah! I'm getting it for free! However, I would not use a billing error to excuse my behavior. If I do something, I do it because I want to. Period. That is the moral aspect of my thoughts. Take ownership of what it truly is. Also, I would not parade such conduct on a forums where people worked hard to make it as reputable as it is.

Just because you want to play in dirt, no reason to get all the other kiddies dirty as well.

Be a man. Take ownership of your actions. Stop making excuses. You're stealing. Simple as that.
    Be responsible for yourself.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 10-09-11 at 08:09 AM.
    10-09-11 08:06 AM
    Mate, I am paying for my own data, between me and my wife we pay 100 a month for our contracts, this is just a prepay sim that I got for one of my drivers that left in the mean time, I took the blackberry and sim card back from him and it was off for a few months, i then put it in my old 9700 and noticed it's still working. Now my 6 year old uses it to bbm me when he gets home from school, it's always connected to the wifi (very little orange signal in my house) and it's not using Orange data, it's using the wifi data I already pay for. The bis service would normally cost 5 a month.

I am no longer going to post here, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder regarding this issue, you are getting very personal and insulting.

10-09-11 08:29 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD