Ok...still a tad confused about this part!! In a few threads i read about the bbm and pin and that they were one seperate thing from bes/bis etc. And thats the first most "raw" and fastest way of communicating with a bb. And that it goes before all other messages from one bb to another?
    So i got the opinion that you didnt need a bis/bes plan to be able to use it?
    How does it work??
    /sol.
    09-09-10 04:42 PM
    yes you need a BIS/BES connection to use PIN messages or any other BIS/BES based application.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 04:52 PM

As I understand it, PIN messages were an early version of BlackBerry Messenger. I doubt if there will be any measurable difference between the tranfer time needed for PIN or BBM messages.

BIS or BES is the clearing house for PIN and BBM messages. If you do not have either available, there is no way to make the connection to another BlackBerry.
    09-09-10 04:55 PM
    Ahh! At last and at least i got that cleared up hehe Not the answer i wanted but still now i dont have to guess anymore!
    Cheers guys.
    /sol.
    09-09-10 05:20 PM
    you at least need the Social Data plans that some carriers offer. this will allow for BBM and Email only. full BIS/BES data plans are needed for it to work under every other circumstance.
    09-09-10 08:20 PM
    Another very neat thing I found out about BIS (not sure about BES) is that BIS works over any Wi-Fi network as well, as the wireless network does not have to be mobile network. BIS is serviced automatically through Wi-Fi when you have both Wi-Fi and mobile network available. This is useful if you travel internationally and using data on mobile network is simply not an option due to lack of carrier roaming agreement or more likely, to avoid very expensive roaming data fees. As long as you can get on a Wi-Fi network, you continue getting your push emails and can continue using BBM.
    09-10-10 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD