BlackBerry has won an award at Mobile Congress 2011 for BBM.SMA’s Global Mobile Awards are the premier international showcase of excellence for the mobile industry. BBM has won the best mobile App World app of 2011.

Read the rest here BBM wins Global Mobile Award at WMC11
    02-15-11 02:16 PM
    so its an award for the best mobile app in BB App World?
    02-15-11 02:32 PM
    so its an award for the best mobile app in BB App World?
    These are the Nominations

Global Mobile Awards 2011 - Nominees

so as far as I can see, YUP pretty terrific eh
    02-15-11 02:40 PM
    That's like winning the gold medal at the special Olympics..... HELLO it's the special Olympics.

So an application that already comes preloaded on the device and was available before crapworld existed wins an award in a category for best appworld app. Seriously?
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 02-15-11 at 02:47 PM.
    02-15-11 02:44 PM
    lol im not saying BBM is not great and all. But im with scorp for this one. I am shocked that a stupid memory app was a candidate since they are all scams for the most part!
    02-15-11 03:06 PM
    lol im not saying BBM is not great and all. But im with scorp for this one. I am shocked that a stupid memory app was a candidate since they are all scams for the most part!
    Yeah it looks pretty sketchy
    02-15-11 03:26 PM
    I disagree... There's other apps on App World that are better than BBM, or at least more useful. Just from the list of nominees, Poynt, Pandora, and BerryBuzz are all way more useful than BBM. Never used MemoryBooster but I bet that's more important as well.
    02-15-11 04:35 PM
    i would think poynt and pandora are better t0o honestly, never saw the need for berrybuzz though.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    02-15-11 04:47 PM
    i would think poynt and pandora are better t0o honestly, never saw the need for berrybuzz though.
    This a a Global app thing Pandora is ONLY USA, and Poynt is feature limited outside of North America, still feature rich, but in terms of over all usage I don't see it being heavily used outside North America

BBM because it is a Native App people don't realize how great it is, but in terms of design, technology, and % of user base BBM is the best app available, and is widely downloaded despite being included on all of todays Blackberry's
    02-15-11 05:15 PM
    Wow this is hilarious.
    02-15-11 06:30 PM
    Kind of lame for sure...and I love my BB.

I mean it don't even make much sense. Oh well, moving on to more important things such as a date for these new phones!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 07:08 PM
    There's a best Nokia Platform catagory...which I don't think will be there next year. Haha, got owned by Microsoft.
    02-15-11 07:11 PM
    BBM because it is a Native App people don't realize how great it is, but in terms of design, technology, and % of user base BBM is the best app available, and is widely downloaded despite being included on all of todays Blackberry's
    This has always made me wonder... why is it widely downloaded, given it is included on all of today's Blackberry's? Who needs to download it?
    02-15-11 09:00 PM
    I disagree... There's other apps on App World that are better than BBM, or at least more useful. Just from the list of nominees, Poynt, Pandora, and BerryBuzz are all way more useful than BBM. Never used MemoryBooster but I bet that's more important as well.
    Isn't that down to opinion more than anything else?

I'm willing to bet that BBM is used more (thus more useful) than all of those apps combined in time count alone in all BBs out there.
    02-15-11 09:12 PM
    This has always made me wonder... why is it widely downloaded, given it is included on all of today's Blackberry's? Who needs to download it?
    upgrade from a previous version
    redownload after attempting to strip an OS
    02-15-11 09:24 PM
    BBM is the best IM I've ever used, it has only one VERY BIG problem. It requires the person you want to communicate with having a BlackBerry, which is becoming more and more rare these days.
    02-16-11 08:43 AM
    BBM is the best IM I've ever used, it has only one VERY BIG problem. It requires the person you want to communicate with having a BlackBerry, which is becoming more and more rare these days.
    Agreed. It is the best by far. All of the people I know that have BB's have GTalk also installed. If RIM could market BBM as the smartphone standard for device to device communication, it would be huge. Makes my head explode even thinking about it, but I think it could be done.

02-16-11 08:54 AM
    Agreed. It is the best by far. All of the people I know that have BB's have GTalk also installed. If RIM could market BBM as the smartphone standard for device to device communication, it would be huge. Makes my head explode even thinking about it, but I think it could be done.

Agreed. But the issue that would be faced with making BBM a cross-platform client would be it is no different that all the bunch of clients out there. So for people who don't have blackberries they would now have to go through the process of seeing which one of your friends have it and get their PIN number or whatever would be used to allow for the messaging. Somehow, they need to find a way for it to communicate with already existing channels because it would be very ambitious to think people would now all of a sudden start using BBM again when all they people they know, they have been talking to them on another client. No need in adding another. So would have to make it very robust ad give people a reason to use over everything else.

But I agree, that a single platform messaging client becomes more useless as people start moving to other platforms.
    02-16-11 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD